Author Topic: Special edition  (Read 4288 times)

Offline Bigwod

• Not said much yet
Special edition
« on: 12 June 2020, 22:51 »
Next week I shall be placing a deposit on a possible 45 years special edition golf gti, possible will be Clubsport s model.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Special edition
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2020, 22:56 »
How's that work?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2 on: 13 June 2020, 13:57 »
How's that work?

Some dealer short of a few bob offering to hold onto someone's cash in case something is made?

Bit like a government load I guess.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Craig

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2020, 16:03 »
Next week I shall be placing a deposit on a possible 45 years special edition golf gti, possible will be Clubsport s model.

Sorry but I think your dealer is pulling your pud. Two dealers I have spoken too said they will not take any deposit until it has been announced officially. However they were able to put a name on a list.

What money are you putting down and what is the dealer you are going too?

Offline Bigwod

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 15 June 2020, 19:22 »

Sorry but I think your dealer is pulling your pud. Two dealers I have spoken too said they will not take any deposit until it has been announced officially. However they were able to put a name on a list.

So name is now on list, no money taken, may not happen but something to look forward to

Offline Craig

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 15 June 2020, 19:28 »

So name is now on list, no money taken, may not happen but something to look forward to

What dealer have your name on the list? Might help other members get on one too.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 16 June 2020, 15:17 »
It’s not unusual for dealers to take speculative deposits on cars that are likely to be produced. I remember people putting deposits on the R400 and then the R420.

Let’s hope the Ed45 won’t be a damp squib offering nothing over and above the TCR aside from slightly different styling and dashboard like the Ed35 was compared to the Ed30.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7 on: 16 June 2020, 16:10 »
Have they ever released an "anniversary" edition so close to a model launch though?

Weren't they always mid life?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mike roberts

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 16 June 2020, 17:00 »
They're tied to a 5 year Anniversary cycle from the June 1976 launch, so they're going to have to. The timing has fallen a bit nicer for them in the past, as you say to mid-life(ish).

The likes of the Pirelli, TCR etc tending to be the run-out specials.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2020, 17:11 by mike roberts »
'18 245PP DSG

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 16 June 2020, 18:10 »
Just bend the 'rules' a bit, potential buyers aren't going to care. 25th Anniversary GTI was 2002 for example.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity