Author Topic: DTUK Pedalbox  (Read 44724 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: DTUK Pedalbox
« Reply #40 on: 12 March 2016, 11:18 »
Gorgeous wheels :drool:
I'm only a couple of miles from Awesome GTI so might pop by and have a look at them in the flesh :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #41 on: 12 March 2016, 11:20 »
how much are they for mk7 r dsg?

Chris as you're local youre more than welcome to pop up and try a pedal box as we have a demo system that we can whip off our  Golf R

Andrew, will get in touch in 2 month! thats when i take delivery!  hopefully if vw get there finger out!
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline Mr.McGee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 12 March 2016, 15:04 »
Where are people storing the little control unit for these? I'd be worried about the cable getting tangled in around the pedals.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 12 March 2016, 15:57 »
Where are people storing the little control unit for these? I'd be worried about the cable getting tangled in around the pedals.
In the pull down drawer thingy by your right knee
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 12 March 2016, 16:00 »
In the pull down drawer thingy by your right knee

Mine was placed there too. When i went to change programs today however, i noticed that the cable had worked its way back down to the pedals. Just pulled it back up and made a couple of loops and all's well again.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Mk7-GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #45 on: 12 March 2016, 19:13 »
Interesting you got a reply Simon where my post was conveniently ignored  :whistle:

That is what I thought, they must be very selective in their replies.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 13 March 2016, 07:22 »
It's been ignored because he has no genuine reason to withhold any fee for my returned box what so ever. I do however get money off if I decide to buy another box which clearly I won't be so I'd rather have a full refund if I'm honest.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 13 March 2016, 09:06 »
I nearly returned mine as well, those connectors are a b!tch! I looked at the instructions and videos etc and still had bother. Thats when  posted i nearly battered it with a hammer. Link here is to an additional video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqEtNjj_56U You'll notice you have to put it in at an angle, even that was proving difficult.
On my box that long black locator down the side was buffed off, not by me, possibly by them. It did however not help. So i looked at it again and it wasn't that slide that was catching it was the first part of the rounded connector. I took a knife a notched a  bit off the end and low and behold the connectors went together not a problem.

This may help in the future.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #48 on: 13 March 2016, 10:26 »
I removed the little grey plastic clip from mine before I fitted it (after a chat with DTUK) it makes fitting & removal so much easier and I still have all the skin on my fingers intact :grin:

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 13 March 2016, 11:30 »
I removed the little grey plastic clip from mine before I fitted it (after a chat with DTUK) it makes fitting & removal so much easier and I still have all the skin on my fingers intact :grin:

Although i didn't post that above i did the same. So it's a bit of a butcher job. This does beggar the question..are the connectors really German or made in the Zeng Shin district in China? and from memory there is a VW stamp on the grey plastic connector but hey ho that wouldn't present a problem to the Chinese!