Author Topic: Focus ST vs i30N vs GTI TCR  (Read 3956 times)

Offline Will2018

• Not said much yet
Re: Focus ST vs i30N vs GTI TCR
« Reply #20 on: 12 November 2019, 19:00 »
The article mentions several times that the TCR has a mechanical LSD. It even references how it affects the turning circle. I thought the TCR had the same VAQ e-diff as the GTi performance/ Clubsport etc.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Focus ST vs i30N vs GTI TCR
« Reply #21 on: 12 November 2019, 19:39 »
The article mentions several times that the TCR has a mechanical LSD. It even references how it affects the turning circle. I thought the TCR had the same VAQ e-diff as the GTi performance/ Clubsport etc.

Yes, the TCR has the same diff as the GTI PP, Clubsport etc.
I expect some journos read the press blurb and interpret it as different things depending on how the spec is worded.

It’s interesting what he does say about the turning circle though as I thought I was imagining it the first few times I parked my TCR blaming it on the different gearbox and no clutch pedal, but was convinced in the back of my mind the TCR has the same (Inferior) steering lock as my R.
My Clubsport would turn on a sixpence (like my old GTI PP) but originally came on 7.5J wheels.
My TCR has 8J Reifnitz and I’m sure is fitted with the R steering as a consequence.
The Belvedere equipped TCR’s May have different steering set up as well as suspension.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner