Author Topic: Let there be light...  (Read 8386 times)

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: Let there be light...
« Reply #30 on: 10 April 2011, 16:44 »
Alex: Are you sure your lights are aligned correctly?  :tongue: 
Is that a bottle under the car or is it part of the Xenon retro-fit?  :shocked: :embarassed: 
Love the scaffolding.
Pretty sure. I installed the awesomeness module as well, the lens flare you're seeing is from the awesomeness field that surrounds the car.
I can give you the part number from the VW parts catalogue if you like?  :grin:
Thanks, but no thanks. Quite capable of shelling out loads-of-money on something I won't use too often or see the benefit in town driving.  :tongue:
Still saving for the re-spray huh? Once you go black, you don't go back.  :grin: :grin:

Or forward with the pain and embarrassment!!!  :sick:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 10 April 2011, 16:57 »
Is that a bottle under the car or is it part of the Xenon retro-fit?  :shocked: :embarassed: 
Love the scaffolding.
Pretty sure. I installed the awesomeness module as well, the lens flare you're seeing is from the awesomeness field that surrounds the car.
Thanks, but no thanks. Quite capable of shelling out loads-of-money on something I won't use too often or see the benefit in town driving.  :tongue:
Still saving for the re-spray huh? Once you go black, you don't go back.  :grin: :grin:

I'm gonna start calling you 'red peril' if you're not careful.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 10 April 2011, 17:12 »
Love the scaffolding.

Better than being called a 'black mariah'.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 10 April 2011, 17:36 »
Love the scaffolding.

Take that back or I shall visit Wolfgang and recycle him into a tomato can with my portable wrecking ball.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 10 April 2011, 17:47 »
Love the scaffolding.
Take that back or I shall visit Wolfgang and recycle him into a tomato can with my portable wrecking ball.

You won't have to do anything as the council monkeys will be recycling me tomorrow morning probably.  :sick:

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 10 April 2011, 20:52 »
Love the scaffolding.

You won't have to do anything as the council monkeys will be recycling me tomorrow morning probably.  :sick:

Maybe you need to get a mod like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUwiTrHTKFE#t=2m03s

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 10 April 2011, 21:03 »
After deliberation and a temporary foray into Philips H7 bulbs (+5% brightness improvement and better light colour temperature), I decided to stop mucking about and fitted xenons. Oh, and cruise control. Basically, most of the front of the car and dash has been off in the last day or so. Given the choice of the new LED style versions, I elected to purchase the old style which were available at the time I bought the car. I feel like I know the VW parts catalogue like the back of my hand now and there were a few times in tugging at some of the plastics that I did wonder if I was going to be ordering some new dash trim!  :shocked:

I was out in Suffolk this weekend so took a quick snap to share.

A stupid law it is but do you know it is against the law to have xenons without headlight washers. Just that it might be a problem when trading in.

It isnt against the law chap. Not all cars with xenons have washers fitted as standard. HID's fitted in halogen lamps will soon be ilegal by 2012.

Great work AGB  :cool:
« Last Edit: 10 April 2011, 21:04 by Saint Steve »