Author Topic: Let there be light...  (Read 8377 times)

Offline AGB

• I live here
Re: Let there be light...
« Reply #10 on: 03 April 2011, 23:34 »
What problems are you having?

None, they work perfectly. I was being silly about not having the Xenons on in the picture.  :tongue:
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #11 on: 03 April 2011, 23:51 »
What problems are you having?

None, they work perfectly. I was being silly about not having the Xenons on in the picture.  :tongue:

Cool  :wink:

Offline Captain Sensible

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 04 April 2011, 18:42 »
After deliberation and a temporary foray into Philips H7 bulbs (+5% brightness improvement and better light colour temperature), I decided to stop mucking about and fitted xenons. Oh, and cruise control. Basically, most of the front of the car and dash has been off in the last day or so. Given the choice of the new LED style versions, I elected to purchase the old style which were available at the time I bought the car. I feel like I know the VW parts catalogue like the back of my hand now and there were a few times in tugging at some of the plastics that I did wonder if I was going to be ordering some new dash trim!  :shocked:

I was out in Suffolk this weekend so took a quick snap to share.

A stupid law it is but do you know it is against the law to have xenons without headlight washers. Just that it might be a problem when trading in.
On Order Golf GTI 5 Door Manual - Pearl Black - 18' Vision Alloys - Goodyear F1 Asymmetric Tyers - Sunroof - Xenon Lights - Touch Screen Cd Player With Dyneaudio amp and speakers - Folding Wing Mirrors - Dealer Fit - Steel VW kick plates - Front And Rear Mud Flaps - Sill boot protector - Boot liner - 3 year Service Plan - Carpet Matts With GTI Logo And Red Pipping.

Offline branchespark

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 04 April 2011, 19:27 »
I like it. Nice colour. Fantastic SLR lens. And Suffolk (assume east coast.)

County brothers!!!
Mk6 GTD 5dr | Manual | Deep Pearl Black | 18" Vancouvers | Leather | Xenons | RNS510* + VW Premium Bluetooth (iPhone4) + Dynaudio | Smoked LED tails | Cruise

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 04 April 2011, 21:42 »
Let there be light .........

...... and there was light.  :rolleyes:

...... Blinding light.  :shocked:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 05 April 2011, 07:41 »
A stupid law it is but do you know it is against the law to have xenons without headlight washers. Just that it might be a problem when trading in.

Yeah, I'm keeping the halogens and will swap them back to stock come the time should that be an issue. I plan on keeping the car for quite some time anyway. I'm sure the law will have changed pointlessly many times more by then, but thanks for the heads up.  :tongue:

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 05 April 2011, 07:45 »
I like it. Nice colour. Fantastic SLR lens. And Suffolk (assume east coast.)

County brothers!!!

I didn't think my picture's EXIF would be investigated but yes, it's a great lens. It's a fair lump to lug about, couldn't face the weight of the 400/2.8, it's back breaking on long haul as I'm from Africa and am always going back and forth. Yeah, shot was on the road leading past RSPB Minsmere. I'm based in London but get out to Suffolk quite a bit.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 10 April 2011, 13:22 by AGB »

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #17 on: 05 April 2011, 08:10 »
When you factor in the price for the basic GTI and then add on whatever options you require, the car becomes up in the region of what have always been classed as "premium cars" and therefore IMO xenons, cruise control, rear camera and parking sensors especially should already be in the basic spec.  I reckon the only options that you should have to pay for are larger alloys, and sunroof.

I think VW should take a long hard look at themselves and stop trying to rip off their punters.

Gizzy
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #18 on: 05 April 2011, 08:24 »
When you factor in the price for the basic GTI and then add on whatever options you require, the car becomes up in the region of what have always been classed as "premium cars" and therefore IMO xenons, cruise control, rear camera and parking sensors especially should already be in the basic spec.  I reckon the only options that you should have to pay for are larger alloys, and sunroof.

I think VW should take a long hard look at themselves and stop trying to rip off their punters.

Gizzy

I totally agree. When you way up the price of a GTI with the options its crazy money really. Especially as when you come to trade the car you don't get much for having the options.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline branchespark

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 05 April 2011, 12:00 »
I didn't think my picture's EXIF would be investigated...

I did't bother doing that, just can tell a good lens from an iPhone! Enjoy the 400 - heavy but incredible!
Mk6 GTD 5dr | Manual | Deep Pearl Black | 18" Vancouvers | Leather | Xenons | RNS510* + VW Premium Bluetooth (iPhone4) + Dynaudio | Smoked LED tails | Cruise