Author Topic: Panel Beater Recommendations (who have experience with MKVI Golf GTI's)  (Read 6424 times)

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
I agree re dentmaster

Had a crease on top of my drivers door that Audi said needed a new skin to repair. Dent man was able to do it and a few other smaller dents/dings all in for £50.

I'd have paid double and I couldn't see any sign of the dent afterwards.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
+1 for dent masters (although they are a franchise iirc)

they have all the tools depending on how bad the damage is and can usually do it on your driveway :smiley:

Offline Hartside

• I live here
Bloody scaffolders  :angry: They are the one group of people I always have problems with on large projects at work. A law unto themselves, they care not a jot about property or even their own safety. When we have scaffolders in we watch them like hawks.
Carbon Grey 5dr GTI

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Bloody scaffolders  :angry: They are the one group of people I always have problems with on large projects at work. A law unto themselves, they care not a jot about property or even their own safety. When we have scaffolders in we watch them like hawks.

This will make you laugh. :rolleyes: :sick: They have managed to slightly damage the Black Mk6 Golf Match belonging to the guy whose house has been scaffolded! It has now got a ding right in the middle of the bonnet. The owner is furious. Poetic justice?
« Last Edit: 16 February 2011, 18:08 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .

They also take the p*ss on the roads around london, is it a job for people with low IQ and usualy have a truck coverd in England stickers :grin:.

Hope you get it sorted mate

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Hartside

• I live here

This will make you laugh. They have managed to slightly damage the Black Mk6 Golf Match belonging to the guy whose house has been scaffolded! It has now got a ding right in the middle of the bonnet. The owner is furious. Poetic justice?

Muppets, the lot of them! Good luck to the OP with the repair
Carbon Grey 5dr GTI

Offline AGB

• I live here
Thanks for all the messages of support guys. The temptation to fashion a noose off their scaffolding and staple the repair bill to it is almost too much to resist. I'm definitely going to give Dentmaster a call.

The thing that irritates me the most, not a single piece of damage to the car has been attributable to me other than a scratch on the wheel. I remember the car I had before, I wasn't as precious about it and nothing ever happened to it. Since I've had the Mk6, I've had a stone chip on the roof from what sounded like Halley's Comet ricocheting off the top, I've had a cyclist go into the back of me the other week, scaffolders putting small dents into the car and then some shopper bashing the side of it leaving me to find another small dent. Oh yeah, and I've had two punctures in my back left in consecutive months.

She's a year old next month, they do grow up quickly.  :grin:
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Alex:

Your eloquent post made me laugh.

Dentmaster IMO are not good enough. I know all their operatives in the London area!

Martin Leach, The Dentman, is the very best in the business. He is a refined man and is a true artist. He does not belong to that 'cor blimey' brigade, thank Heaven.

Sorry your car is suffering with small-pox.

All get fixed I am sure and be as good as new again.

Asker
« Last Edit: 17 February 2011, 00:50 by am1w »

Offline AGB

• I live here
Martin Leach, The Dentman, is the very best in the business. He is a refined man and is a true artist. He does not belong to that 'cor blimey' brigade, thank Heaven.

Thanks Asker, that's who I meant actually. I dropped the Da Vinci of Dents an email with photographs this morning and am just awaiting his quotation.

I'll post some before and after images in case it helps some of the other forum members in making a decision.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Thanks Asker, that's who I meant actually. I dropped the Da Vinci of Dents an email with photographs this morning and am just awaiting his quotation.
I'll post some before and after images in case it helps some of the other forum members in making a decision.

He's got a great sense of humour and is the perfect gentleman. He drives Ewan McGregor's BMW bike that was in that road trip TV series. Tell Martin you know me. We had good dealings together. Say Hi!
All the best.

Alex: Just left him a message on your behalf. :smiley:
« Last Edit: 17 February 2011, 13:15 by am1w »