Author Topic: Oil & Sensor Trigger  (Read 5083 times)

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
Re: Oil & Sensor Trigger
« Reply #10 on: 24 August 2010, 17:57 »
Well every engine is different. I was told to check the oil level regularly as they do use oil while beding in. The first 1500 miles it used 250ml for the last 1500 it hasn't used any. I'm also told mine doesn't loosen up until 10,000 miles.  :wink:
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #11 on: 24 August 2010, 18:07 »
Well every engine is different. I was told to check the oil level regularly as they do use oil while beding in. The first 1500 miles it used 250ml for the last 1500 it hasn't used any. I'm also told mine doesn't loosen up until 10,000 miles.  :wink:

Well mines nice and loose now with just 4,500 on the clock Keith!! :grin:

First 1k it took a pint of oil nothing since, settled down lovely now however, I did an oil change at 4k :cool:
« Last Edit: 25 August 2010, 07:19 by Steve30 »

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline ronnie'C'

• Here all the time
  • MKVI GTi and a MK3 VR6 (lhd)
« Reply #12 on: 24 August 2010, 20:30 »
car is over a year old (just), got less than 9000 miles on the clock and my level is spot on and thats with a lot of driving on the autobahn.  :smug:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 24 August 2010, 21:36 »
Well mines nice and loose now with just 4,500 on the clock Keith!! :grin:

4.5k? Wow. Well used and abused. :grin:
Mine 2.1k. Still a virgin of sorts. :wink:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 24 August 2010, 21:49 »
Cough 7,500 miles, it has used about 2mm on the dipstick, so not topped it up at all yet.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 25 August 2010, 09:16 »
Cough 7,500 miles, it has used about 2mm on the dipstick, so not topped it up at all yet.

Diesel probably different in respect of oil use. I was told to check mine regularly for the first 2K miles or so, needed ½ litre after 1000 miles and another ½ litre up to about 1500 miles. Not needed to top up again recently.
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline entropy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 26 August 2010, 09:16 »
I for one can't get my head round the Oil situation on my car.

Mine is a Mk5 Golf GTI 57 plate with 58k when I bought it. I bought it from a lease company so took it for a service straight away. The VW garage filled up the oil on the max line.. Anyways 1,200 miles later it was on the minimum line on the dipstick!! I took it to the garage and they couldn't fine any leaks so they topped it up. 1,200 miles later its done it again. This time I topped it up to the maximum line and checked the oil. 1st week I covered just over 100 miles and there was no oil loss. Then the 2nd week I only did about 80 miles which took it to over 200 miles and it went from maximum oil level to nearly half way!!

I then decided to take it back to garage with my findings and left it with them for a couple hrs. They could not find any leaks what so ever and no oil residue on the exhaust or anything. They topped up the oil again and asked me to use it and to bring it back as soon as the oil level drops! but strangely enough it hasn't lost any yet. I'm on nearly 800 miles and its still on the maximum line..

Can anyone explain this? i'm approaching the end of my warranty so i'm hoping it does it again so whatever is causing the problem can be fixed.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #17 on: 26 August 2010, 09:22 »
^ very strange on the above post, maybe mac7 can give you some feedback on it on here , he is an oil engineer?? :cool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 26 August 2010, 12:15 »
I bought it from a lease company so took it for a service straight away. The VW garage filled up the oil on the max line..
Thats not a service topping the oil up and how much did they charge you for that minor detail?  :wink:
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline entropy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 26 August 2010, 13:18 »
They did a filter service as well etc. I took it for the service the day I picked it up. Sorry that wasn't clear in my post..