Author Topic: GTI Meets??  (Read 12616 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: GTI Meets??
« Reply #10 on: 29 September 2009, 11:56 »
What do you do at these meets anyway?  Just admire each others' paint jobs?

Rolfe.

I've always wondered that, too. I have always quite fancied going to one, but I can't help thinking it would be incredibly nerdy and boring. I could be wrong, though :smiley:

Bristol Volksfest

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 29 September 2009, 12:01 »
Haud me back!  I've had fun, and that is not it.

Rolfe.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 29 September 2009, 12:01 »
would rather stick a jaggy stick up my arse than meet them

:grin: :grin: :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #13 on: 29 September 2009, 12:09 »
Bristol Volksfest

No offence (I'm happy for you if you enjoy that kind of thing), but just look at (a) the sky and (b) their faces...

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #14 on: 29 September 2009, 12:12 »
thats the British weather for you though  :rolleyes:

and to be fair (i'm one nearest the camera) at that point I'd probably had about 8-9 bottles of Stella  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #15 on: 29 September 2009, 12:23 »
Lol :smiley:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #16 on: 29 September 2009, 12:27 »
Lol :smiley:

:smiley:

end of the day meets are what you make of them.  If you combine it with other things such as going to shows (be on the clubstand) or organise rolling road days, photoshoots, then it makes it far more interesting and a good chance to compare differences etc and also put names to faces and make new friends

ETTO  :smiley:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #17 on: 29 September 2009, 13:16 »
but that would mean meeting up with people with lesser GTI's than our mk6s?!?!  :grin:

JOKE!  :laugh:

:laugh:

jokes like that in the mk5 section led to a whole new forum.  :rolleyes: close the door on ya way out  :wink:

He doesnt need to close the door, he's already in the mk6 section, what you doing here ?  :grin:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 29 September 2009, 15:32 »
Last time I went to one in my MKV we just drove around country lanes flatout racing everywhere. Stopping for food drinks and a chat every 15mile or so. Good roads quality day out

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #19 on: 29 September 2009, 15:41 »
:smiley:

end of the day meets are what you make of them.  If you combine it with other things such as going to shows (be on the clubstand) or organise rolling road days, photoshoots, then it makes it far more interesting and a good chance to compare differences etc and also put names to faces and make new friends

ETTO  :smiley:

Good on you :smiley: I guess I'm either too cynical, or else just plain antisocial :rolleyes: