Author Topic: Insurance companies & questionable responsibility & ethics.  (Read 8131 times)

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Long story short, my younger brother: 21, lives in Abroath, 3 points and a £120 fine, 4 years NCB, has just bought an RS6 and has managed to get insurance on it for f**king cheap IMO. Just over £800 I believe.

My question is, should insurance companies be allowed to insure someone of that age and maturity, with that little driving experience, for that little, on such a powerful car?

Yes there are many variables, maturity of said age group and previous road experience etc etc.

I feel that is it outrageous that some one like that can get insured on a car like an RS6 for so little when others are paying more for far lesser cars?!

Please explain where the logic and social responsibility is...

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Is this for real  :huh:

Every thought of moving to a country with even fewer rights to freedom than we have here  :whistle:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Is this for real  :huh:

Every thought of moving to a country with even fewer rights to freedom than we have here  :whistle:

I know what you mean, 'free' country and all. But can you see my point? Is there no obligation to do the 'correct' thing?

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Sorry, Can't see ya point.

At his age he could be driving 40 tonne wagons or be on a 186mph super bike

And having recovered some high powered car from owners aged 40+ who have got it very wrong what age would you want it limited too. ?

Live and let live, too much control over us these days compared to years gone by. . . . . .

Offline Lewy

• I live here
Scarr, just admit it, you are jealous as funk that your brother has an RS6 and you have a a mere 130bhp!

Offline Waspy

• I live here
Obviously I don't know your brother, or how responsible he is (3 points isn't great) but I wouldn't say it was irresponsible or unethical to insure him! Just because he is driving a more powerful car than most 21 year olds dosn't mean he is any more dangerous. A sh!tty clio goes fast enough to do just as much damage as an RS6 at the end of the day.

I am happy insurance companies seem to be letting up a little.
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Scarr, just admit it, you are jealous as funk that your brother has an RS6 and you have a a mere 130bhp!

:grin:

Insurance companies only care about one thing and thats money

I want to know what daft cnut gave him such a good deal!!!!

Offline skyinsurance

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
We wouldn't insure a 21 year on on an RS6 but 21 with 4 years NCB speaks volumes.. it rare 21 year olds have that sort of NCB level.

Fair play to him I say.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Tel: 01707 642552

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4

:grin: :grin:

Offline Chris.

• I live here
I have 4 years and 21 haha :D

Is it definitely noted down right?   There was a recent story Sky insurance posted about the red audi quattro DTM just being down as a 2.0 TSFI, yet only 500 or something DTMs were made.

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton