Author Topic: First whack  (Read 2530 times)

Offline DL

• GTI forum regular
First whack
« on: 08 September 2009, 20:38 »
Got home this evening and noticed some low life scum has hit the driver side rear quarter at some point today damaging rear panel and bumper. Paint has come right off and rear panel is dented quite badly. As some may already know the GTI is my wifes car and the only place it could have happened is on the school run while parked up and dropping off our boy. I'm am furious more so because whoever did it would have known and has just driven off.
Does anyone know of a dent/paint repair man worth using in Cambridge/North Herts area?
I will not claim on our insurance as we have just claimed when the previous Golf was stolen only a couple of months ago.
Why are people such sh*t drivers? It makes me so annoyed, I wouldn't do it. If I knew I f*cked up I would leave my details or wait for the owner to come back.
Any help on local body repair greatly appreciated.

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
Re: First whack
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2009, 23:11 »
Am sorry to hear about your misfortune. I too had a little accident with a van coming illegally out of a one way street near my house and hit the rear passenger side. Scuffed the bumper badly and caused a little dent to the rear panel that is attached to the bumper. What is worst is that the driver left the scene... I was informed that in cases of hit and run, there is a fund in which insurance companies contribute in which will not affect your premium charges... if you do seek a claim... perhaps you can check with your insurance company about this.

Hope all will be well soon...

HM
GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 09 September 2009, 19:19 »
Got home this evening and noticed some low life scum has hit the driver side rear quarter at some point today damaging rear panel and bumper. Paint has come right off and rear panel is dented quite badly. As some may already know the GTI is my wifes car and the only place it could have happened is on the school run while parked up and dropping off our boy. I'm am furious more so because whoever did it would have known and has just driven off.
Does anyone know of a dent/paint repair man worth using in Cambridge/North Herts area?
I will not claim on our insurance as we have just claimed when the previous Golf was stolen only a couple of months ago.
Why are people such sh*t drivers? It makes me so annoyed, I wouldn't do it. If I knew I f*cked up I would leave my details or wait for the owner to come back.
Any help on local body repair greatly appreciated.

this makes my blood boil.  its some dumb ar7e bird picking up the kids who's only driving on a day to day basis is doing the school run and going to tescos.  its probably been done by one of her chav kids cause she isn't looking after them properly.  my little girl is only 1 year old but when she is old enough she will be taught to open the car doors carefully as to not hit another car.  some people don't give a sh1t they really don't.

as for a local repair shop, i know its a good 20 mins from you/us (!) but try M&S Body Repairs in Stevenage/Knebworth - the chap who owns it is called Mark Bullard - top bloke and does a top job.  Fixed one of my cars years ago when some old g1t reversed into the bumper.  it was like new after he fixed it.  like i say, he's a top chap, and i used to do his VAT returns for him  :cool:
« Last Edit: 09 September 2009, 19:23 by matchboy »
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2009, 19:34 »
I had my right wing scraped a few months ago. The person left a note and a phone number.
It was all sorted in a week. Nice to know there are good people around. :smiley:

Must be so annoying when they just f*** off .
Some people live in a different world and they probably didn't even realise, even worse - they did realise and couldn't care less.

Hope you get things sorted soon.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2009, 20:00 »
Oh man what a sh1t thing to happen I really feel for you mate.  I'm forever checking my car over for scratches and scrapes cos some people really have no respect for other peoples possessions.  You must be abso gutted, and baying for blood!
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline GTaye

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 09 September 2009, 21:33 »
Gutted for you..there are some real tw*ts/numptys out there..

Offline DL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2009, 09:14 »
Thanks everybody for your sympathy, I need it, altough two days on and the whack doesn't look as bad as on discovery.

Thanks for that Matchboy, I'll call them today and see if I can get across tomorrow.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 11 September 2009, 18:02 »
Thanks everybody for your sympathy, I need it, altough two days on and the whack doesn't look as bad as on discovery.

Thanks for that Matchboy, I'll call them today and see if I can get across tomorrow.

how did you get on DL?
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline DL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 14 September 2009, 09:44 »
I didn't get a chance to go over. Will definitely get across this week though, thanks for asking. How are you finding yours one week in?

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 14 September 2009, 10:30 »
i'm loving it thanks!  am finding it v difficult to stop driving it hard and take it easy; have to admit i have put my foot half down a couple of times but apart from that i'm resisting lol!  once i hit that magic 1000 mile mark i'll start opening her up "a bit"  :laugh:

yeah, let me know how you get on, he is a top chap and does a tip top job!
Audi RS5 2018