Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627400 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #380 on: 08 May 2013, 18:51 »
Had estimate back from body shop for following repairs:

Repair dent in passenger wheel arch and respray wing;  replace snapped fog light bracket (bumper off job);  polish out scuffs to bumper;  polish out scuffs to tailgate..........£689  :sad:

All inflicted by some idiot driver.  Will go ahead with repairs but not on insurance.

Also having wheels aligned at cost of £88

Had separate quote for painting rear diffuser gloss black.  An eye watering £287  :shocked:
Will give it a miss at that price.  May get alternative quotes for that at later date.

If they want that for the diffuser maybe the other work is overpriced too?

I suspect it probably is, but as it is the VW approved body shop and reputable (in terms of quality) will stick with it.  Also they can fit it in exactly when it suits me and tbh I don't really have time to trawl round a load of other places.

The diffuser is just a wish list thing and can wait.  I'll get alternative prices for that and side skirts in due course.
« Last Edit: 08 May 2013, 18:55 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #381 on: 08 May 2013, 19:08 »
Booth, mine was main dealer. Me thinks they're having your pants down!

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #382 on: 08 May 2013, 19:19 »
I wouldn't have a VW body shop even look in my car's direction after the mess they made of my last Passat. You would be much better off using a body shop that  comes highly recommended by people you know and trust.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #383 on: 08 May 2013, 19:28 »
^^^^^^
But he wants to realign the n/s wiper. That needs to be parked in the horizontal position. You can't do that if you've put them into the service position before taking them off.

Also, when you check them afterwards, they won't work unless the bonnet is fully closed. I thought I'd broken something after I'd adjusted mine.  :embarrassed:

Ahh missed that bit, I knew about the bonnet and the wipers not working.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #384 on: 08 May 2013, 20:10 »
Booth, mine was main dealer. Me thinks they're having your pants down!

I wouldn't have a VW body shop even look in my car's direction after the mess they made of my last Passat. You would be much better off using a body shop that  comes highly recommended by people you know and trust.

Sorry, meant to say this is the body shop the dealer uses.  Took it to dealer Initially.   Also it does come recommended by friends.  Price for repair work is pretty much what I was expecting, it's just the diffuser price that seems way off.   

Wasn't overly impressed with previous body shop I used for work on my mk5.  They had to have passenger door off and it was never the same again 

At the end of the day can only go on personal recommendations and that it is dealer recommended.  If job isn't done to satisfaction then it will be going back! 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #385 on: 09 May 2013, 19:17 »
Ordered it a set of AP 4 pots

Jules Winfield

« Reply #386 on: 09 May 2013, 19:30 »
Got a set of Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2s fitted yesterday, replacing the previous noisy Bridgestones.  The fitters managed to get goo over the edges of the alloys, so I cleaned that off today.

In addition, for the first time in ages, I paid less than £70 for a tank of fuel (136.9p per litre).  :shocked:

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #387 on: 09 May 2013, 20:12 »
put vpower in you tight git
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline MikeT

• GTI forum regular
  • I don't need no stinkin clutch pedal...
« Reply #388 on: 09 May 2013, 22:58 »
Updated RNS510 firmware to v3980.  V9 maps going on tomorrow. 

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #389 on: 10 May 2013, 08:29 »
Some kindly pigeon has just sh!t all over it  :angry:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual