Author Topic: Hi, new to the Golf world.  (Read 2629 times)

Offline spirez

• Not said much yet
Hi, new to the Golf world.
« on: 06 February 2005, 13:58 »
Hi people

I'm currently driving a clio dynamique 1.2 16v and the power is a bit much for me to handle so i will almost definitely be downgrading to a golf gti sometime this year? :wink:

Joking aside, got the car with free insurance so it's done me good for 2 years, no problems with it but 75bhp just doesn't cut it! I'll be 20 when i come to get a golf and, touch wood, i'll have 2 or 3 years no claims so my choices are mainly limited to what the insurance costs will be. It's definitely out of the 3 choices below though:

3dr Mk2 8v (is digi or k-jet better?)
3dr Mk2 16v
3dr Mk4 1.8T (more for posing than performance from what a lot of enthusiasts have said to me!)

Would like a G60 (not rallye) but they seem to be really difficult to get hold of and i dont think i could afford insurance.

So they're my choices. Leaning towards a mk2 as i would be able to buy it outright as opposed to having to get a small loan and could also insure it third party if need be. But i might change my mind as i really want turbo power so i can tune it more easily!

Tell me what you think.
 :cool:

mrwotto

Re: Hi, new to the Golf world.
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2005, 14:23 »
welcome to the site matey :grin:

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
  • MMMMMMM Rust my favourite
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2005, 15:45 »
Hiya mate , mk2 s are well cooler , if you feel the need for turbo power , just have a peek at dizee`s in the project part , could take a small loan out for that ?:evil:

Dinky

« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2005, 17:15 »
Welcome to the forum

Dinx :kiss:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #4 on: 07 February 2005, 10:39 »
Welcome to the site matey, I'd go for a tidy mk2 if you can find one so that I didn't have to get a loan and it's six and two threes as so which is best between a digi and a k-jet.  :smiley: If it's out and out tuning you want without putting new lumps in then you need to go for a mk4 and get it remapped etc or even look at mk4 diesels like the PD150, S11EPS on here had one and it was pushing 186 horses as standard !  :shocked: :shocked:
......now officially dubless.

Offline spirez

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 07 February 2005, 21:01 »
186bhp and a whole lot of torque i'd guess!!

The mk4 is becoming more and more tempting due to it being cheaper to tune to 200bhp+. I'd probably end up taking out a loan to mod a mk2 to the teeth anyway! Insurance has been coming up at around the same price for both cars, but considering a remap is not really traceable i would be able to get away with not declaring it (possibly).

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 08 February 2005, 07:48 »
If 200 ponies is your target then it's got to be a mk4 unless you put a different lump into a mk2. If you have any remap questions then topher on here is your man.  :smiley:

mrwotto

« Reply #7 on: 08 February 2005, 13:12 »
surely you could push 200 ponies out of a mk3 vr6???

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 08 February 2005, 13:19 »
surely you could push 200 ponies out of a mk3 vr6???

oops, forgot about that one ! :laugh: mk3s pah ! :wink:

mrwotto

« Reply #9 on: 08 February 2005, 13:23 »
How could you  forget about such a outstanding car gibby, I know you love mk3's deep down, but are scared to admit it openly on the forum :grin: