Author Topic: Hi everybody  (Read 2407 times)

Offline gtiman

• Not said much yet
Hi everybody
« on: 28 January 2005, 20:08 »
peased to meet you all out here in ciberspace, the important bits, owened VWs for past 27 years, currently have3 VW related projects, as well as a 1972 Beach buggy, daily driver a 25 anv tdi chipped by revo to 223bhp, now sadly for sale, buying a new gt tdi any body intrested in the anv contact me, or speak to me at the Harrogate meeting of club GTi at the squinting cat

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
Re: Hi everybody
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2005, 20:23 »
welcome to the forum mate. that's some impressive figures from just a revo ! who's rollers recorded that ?

mrwotto

« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2005, 21:18 »
Welcome to the site matey :grin:

Paul

Offline piggy

• Here all the time
  • What you lookin' at sonny?
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2005, 11:41 »
Welcome to the Forum  :smiley:

Your Diesel sounds like alot of fun  :cool:

Offline gtiman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2005, 11:59 »
Hi Topher
the 223 bhp was recorded at Alvin Kershaws near York using cheap supermarket diesel, It recorded a slightly higher figure on power engineerings rollers (224bhp) this was on BP fuel, the best ever readig was at Well lane (229bhp) this was using Bp fuel + an addative that is currently being refined, before it is marketed the long term effects of this are not yet known, these are being tested at the moment, but not on my car. so I quote the figures that I know the car should do any were at any time.

Ps Piggy your right it is a hell of a lot of fun destroying boy racers in max power machines at the lights in a diesel, despite the amount of smoke.

Dinky

« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2005, 13:05 »
Hey!
welcome to the forum matey!

Diane :kiss:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2005, 15:26 »
Welcome to the site matey. I'm down the road from you in North Leeds  :smiley:
......now officially dubless.

Offline gtiman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 31 January 2005, 17:22 »
Gtiman again  :cool:
Thanks Gibby thats a nice looking Cabro & bus, doyou ever go to the club Gti meeting at the squinting cat? or the Bradford Vw club meeting? is there a chance of meeting you at either of these meetings? if not nice to hear from somebody who has both aircooled and water cooled VW a sI have a beach buggy as well as the golf, contact me as I have a intresting disc with full parts digrams and part no for all air cooled models that you may find usefull

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #8 on: 31 January 2005, 17:32 »
Thanks for the kind words about the motors, wish I could say I restored the bus myself but I didn't, I'm a bit of a spanner with a spanner  :smiley: only bought it in September so fairly new to the air cooled stuff ! Don't go to the club GTi meets but I'm always up for a blast and a meet somewhere, could meet up at one of them deffo. No one round here seems to be into dubs that much, or maybe I'm not looking hard enough  :smiley: You living in Harrogate then ?
......now officially dubless.

Offline gtiman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 31 January 2005, 19:55 »
Love to have a blast round one slight problem at the moment, the gti is cleaned for sale and when I say clean I really mean clean, every thig from polisting the supension with Autoglym, black to blacking the wheel arch liners to the tip of the aerial, now under a tailered cover awaiting a buyer, whilst I await the delivery of a new MK5 GT TDI in april, the buggy is off the road whilst I alter the dash board and rewire it and retrim the insides, so I'am stuck with a Suzuki Vitara to run about in  :(  25mpg and 80 mph with a tail wind.

I'am not from Harrogate but a small village on the A1, Fairburn renowned for its nature reserve, but once you have seen one duck they all look the same