Author Topic: Hi Everyone.  (Read 2963 times)

Offline Bam Bam

• Not said much yet
Hi Everyone.
« on: 23 January 2005, 23:25 »
Just thought I'd introduce myself as I'm new here, I've just become a GTi owner (again) and thought I'd better find a decent place in cyber space to hang-out.

I'm based in NE England and currently own a 1990 H plate Mk2 3-Door in Cosmic Blue Metallic, currently on it's original Pirelli alloys but I've just bought a rare set of Strosek 5-Spokes and I'm re-furbing them at present, they are approx. 10-15 yrs. old so are of the correct period for the car.

I've just fitted 2 new rear wheel bearings as they were starting to hum slightly and I've renewed the gear linkage due to it being worn and sloppy, the car drives well considering it's 113k miles but I'm having trouble with the Alarm/Immobiliser thats fitted, it's a Cat. 1 with Anti-Car jacking facility but it's driving me barmy at the moment.

Anyway enough prattling on for now, I'm off to browse the forum.? :smiley:

mrwotto

Re: Hi Everyone.
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2005, 23:27 »
welcome matey

:grin:

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
  • MMMMMMM Rust my favourite
« Reply #2 on: 24 January 2005, 01:59 »
Hey up mate

Dinky

« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2005, 07:35 »
Hello matey!
Welcome to the forum-where in the North East ya based mate? Im from sunny South Shields! :tongue:

Diane :kiss:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2005, 08:49 »
Hi matey welcome to the forum.  :smiley:
......now officially dubless.

Offline Bam Bam

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 24 January 2005, 18:38 »
Thanks for the welcome guys, and some nice looking Dubs in your signatures too.
Diane, (The Sand-Dancer? :tongue: )? at least your on the right side of the Tyne for my liking, I'm from Sunderland (near the Eye Infirmary if you know of it), I'll look out for that nice Cab. you have and give you a wave.

Jim. :smiley:

Dinky

« Reply #6 on: 24 January 2005, 20:48 »
oo mackem? :wink: try n get sum pics of ur car up hun! :smiley:

Dinx :kiss:

Offline Bam Bam

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 26 January 2005, 20:05 »
Hi again,
No pics. as yet of my GTi Dinx but something that may be of interest to some of you here is www.showoffyourcar.com
It's a free picture hosting site and if you register you can upload pics. of your nice VW's for all to see, I don't think there are many Gti's on there to be honest so it would be good for us to show them what we have. :wink:
If you click on "members" and do a search for me (James Richardson) you will come across my previous car, a Fiat Coupe 20vT in Sprint Blue with a lot of styling and body mods.
I sold this car 4 months ago after 3 years of ownership, I get bored quite easily with my cars and I've owned approx. 45-50 since I started driving, German and Italian sports cars and coupe's are my favourite.

Anyhow must be off for now as "Pebbles" shouts "dinner is served".
Speak to you all later.

Bam Bam.

Offline piggy

• Here all the time
  • What you lookin' at sonny?
« Reply #8 on: 27 January 2005, 03:55 »
Ha'way Pet?
Welcome t the site :smiley:

Dinky

« Reply #9 on: 28 January 2005, 12:58 »
^Pig u do not say pet to a bloke man,not wen ur a bloke as well!!! u gaaay boy! :tongue:

Dinx :kiss: