Author Topic: Mk1 Owner From Australia  (Read 3517 times)

Offline revnit

• Just got here
Mk1 Owner From Australia
« on: 11 January 2005, 07:04 »
Hey all im the new guy here i recently got my self a mk1 golf 2 door 1977 model i also own a Suzuki Swift Gti Turbo but since this is a vw forum i wont get into that car. I got my golf unregisted so im currently geting up to road worthy so i can drvie it  there are not many golfs here in Australia you get the odd couple but none are realy modified i heard of a guy racing one but thats about it,

Ive tracked down a bodykit for it im geting that in the next month also got my self a 1.8l bottom end mine is currently a 1.6l im goin to run the 1.8l bottom end with the 1.6l head on quad carbies i was told this works but wont know how well till i do it im not looking for much out of it just somethign simple that runs well i want to paint it up and take iut to shows since ive never seen a mk1 golf in a show here will be somethgin differnt  :smiley:
1977 Mk1 Volkswagen Golf
1990 Mk2 Suzuki Swift Gti Turbo

Offline tobz.

• I live here
Re: Mk1 Owner From Australia
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2005, 09:23 »
Hey Revnit welcome to the forum, looks like the site is well and truly worldwide now!!!
Quite an early mk1 you have there, what model is it???
Some pictures of it would be great if you can sort some.

Toby

You got any pics of your dad's split ?

Dinky

« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2005, 10:09 »
Hey!
welcome to the forum matey!

Diane :kiss:

mrwotto

« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2005, 10:30 »
welcome to the forum mate

free

« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2005, 11:06 »
good day :wink:

Offline revnit

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2005, 06:04 »
Hey Revnit welcome to the forum, looks like the site is well and truly worldwide now!!!
Quite an early mk1 you have there, what model is it???
Some pictures of it would be great if you can sort some.

Toby

I didnt think it was that old till i had a look at a few golf websites then i relised, Its a 2 door 1977 gls 1.6l petrol   i was told when i first looked at it it was a gti but some how i didnt think so the owner had no idea what it was have a look at the links below if you like its about 4 shades of yellow i counted its had a few rust repairs and who ever painted it didnt match the paint but that doesnt matter i plan to respray the car anyways  when i fit the bodykit.

http://www.redlinegti.com/images/personal/revnit.golfgti1.jpg

http://www.redlinegti.com/images/personal/revnit.golfgti2.jpg

P.S You might have to cut and paste the links due to the restrictions put up by the owner of the host dont ask me why.
« Last Edit: 12 January 2005, 06:07 by revnit »
1977 Mk1 Volkswagen Golf

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #6 on: 12 January 2005, 08:27 »
Welcome to the forum revnit, get that little baby up and running, sounds like you have some good ideas for it.  :smiley:
......now officially dubless.

redcarboy

« Reply #7 on: 14 January 2005, 01:41 »
Velcome to GolfGTI. :smiley:

Offline tobz.

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 14 January 2005, 16:53 »
Bodywork looks pretty sound in those pics.
What colour are you having it resprayed???
Personally I'd have it redone in the original yellow, that colour is so typical of cars from that era.
Are you going for the retro look or sporty???

You got any pics of your dad's split ?

Offline revnit

• Just got here
« Reply #9 on: 15 January 2005, 00:38 »
Im goin to respray it green same as my old suzuki swift check the link out ( remeber cut and paste)

http://www.redlinegti.com/images/personal/revnit.revnit_3.jpg

Im leaning towards a race look but with some style dropping it on 17 chromies i was looking into puting 2 fixed race seats in and a cage but not really sure at this point im mainly constrating ont he engine side of it first i want to get the 1.8l up and running i might have sourced out a set of quad carbies that have been fitted to a gold before have to look into that int he next week or so
1977 Mk1 Volkswagen Golf