Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 536253 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1970 on: 04 February 2019, 08:52 »
Lovely couple of jobs done there Jim, I know nothing about bikes but that looks like a bit of a beast :evil: Like the TT 240 behind the 911. What a great selection of vehicles in one car park!

Thanks Watts. The bike is a beast - 1199 Panigale so 195bhp and a wet weight of 188kgs! Plenty of electronic aids to keep it on the road though.

That TT Sport is nice, had a nosey around it and chatted to the owner a bit ago. They are quite a rare sight with lovely bucket seats.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1971 on: 14 February 2019, 14:35 »
Weather-wise it's a glorious week here in deepest Hampshire, and so far this week I've snow-foamed and shampoo'd my Golf on Tuesday, and today I've treated the trim and grilles with Auto Finesse Dressle, and given the tyres a once-over with Gtechniq T2, which I've said before is a bit watery and doesn't soak into the sponge, making it rather messy to apply.  Still, I've got more than half of the bottle left, so I'm going to use it!  I also used it on the sill extensions.

That's it for this week.  At this time of year the name of the game is keeping the weather and salt at bay, so it's a case of power=washing and snow-foaming at every opportunity.

Offline wildwaves84

• Just got here
« Reply #1972 on: 15 February 2019, 06:00 »
Had my GTI's interior detailed. My dog pooped and peed inside the car and the smell and stubborn stains won't go away.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #1973 on: 15 February 2019, 10:37 »
My dog pooped and peed inside the car and the smell and stubborn stains won't go away.
That's ruff. Try and stay pawsitive.
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1974 on: 15 February 2019, 15:26 »
My dog pooped and peed inside the car and the smell and stubborn stains won't go away.
That's ruff. Try and stay pawsitive.

That was terrible! (Roughly translated as I wish I'd thought of it first...).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1975 on: 17 February 2019, 15:11 »

Did a spot of wheel cleaning today. 

Car hasn’t been washed for an embarrassingly long time due to other things taking priority.  It’s in a filthy state and so decided to focus on wheels only today and will tackle the body tomorrow.  Wheels really need to come off for a full detail, but just to tide them over till spring, decided to give them an interim decontamination with iron/fallout remover.  First wheels were sprayed with ValetPro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, then applied ValetPro Citrus Pre Wash (via snow foam lance), left to dwell then pressured washed off.  Iron X applied and left to dwell for 5 mins, then rinsed off, followed by a bucket wash.  Wheels dried and sealed with CarPro Reload (using up stuff I’m my detailing shed). Dressed tyres with Achem Long Life Tyre Dressing.

Grubby Prets

Decontamination with Iron X

Front wheel quite contaminated

Rear wheels not too bad

Bucket wash with trusty wheel woolies

Getting into the nooks 

Looking better

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1976 on: 18 February 2019, 14:42 »
After sorting the wheels yesterday, turned my attention to the minging bodywork. 

Snow foamed with ValetPro Advanced Neutral snow foam, and then citrus prewashed with ValetPro Citrus Prewash. 

Followed with a 3 bucket wash with Swissvax Car Bath shampoo. 

Dried off and sealed bodywork and glass (except front windscreen) with CarPro Reload (I’ve run out of my preferred waxes - must order more! - so using up some sealants I’ve got). 

Tailpipes polished with Mother’s Mag & Aluminium polish.  Very baked on carbon so lots of elbow grease required!

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1977 on: 18 February 2019, 15:57 »
Well it may have been minging but it certainly cleaned up rather well! Sorry to hear about the latest ding, hopefully the miscreant is currently being punished appropriately :angry:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1978 on: 18 February 2019, 19:40 »
I've tried and tried with the mothers on my tail pipes and I still can't get rid of the baked on stuff!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1979 on: 18 February 2019, 20:12 »
I've tried and tried with the mothers on my tail pipes and I still can't get rid of the baked on stuff!

If it’s really baked on (mine was as the car had not been washed since last Oct) you just have to plug away at it.  I started my tailpipes yesterday and then had another session today and really worked the polish in on a foam applicator pad and persistance paid off without the need for any use of wire wool etc.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual