Author Topic: Wazzzer's 1.8T... Lots of updates  (Read 191796 times)

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... more bits to fix...
« Reply #90 on: 07 January 2011, 18:53 »
Wez mate seriously finish them wheels ive been watching you do them for what seems a life time.. come on.. they will only get curbed again once you put them on lol honestly though mate your doing a wicked job..

Tell the Mrs i said i hope the birth goes well and the baby is all healthy.. and you too..
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline SI74

• I live here
« Reply #91 on: 08 January 2011, 06:25 »
Have you fitted that DSG intake yet??

I was goin to do a "How 2" but forgot to take a pic of the 3 bit at the start..lol

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #92 on: 13 January 2011, 23:30 »
Feel free to rob a pic from here mate, I think there is a pic of all 3 bits together

Righty a bit of an update for you all as I've been a busy boy this week

The latch and wiper motor is all back in and working, no pics as it's quite boring. While I was there I treated the car to a new set of wiper blades front and rear too.

Been doing the wheels at work and I now have both at the same stage

Sanded and cleaned

Filled and sanded a small dent that needed repairing

and then a few coats of etch prime

A quick rub down and a few coats of filler primer next, probably Monday now as I only work a half day Friday

She developed the dreaded misfire last week so I popped round to my mates to try her ignition amp on mine and it cured it straight away so I went about ordering a new one. From VW, £160 odd  :shocked:

So I managed to find a non genuine version for £80 from ECP along with their 20% discount brought it down to just over £60 which I can live with

Old

New

Dunno if it's a placebo affect but I'm sure it feels like it's running better so maybe it had been on it's last legs for a while

I've smoothed my standard airbox too, don't know if I'll see any gains from iti but it only cost 10mins of my time today so no loss if not. My boot liner also arrived, fitted but no pics as I have loads of crap in the boot covering it up but I will get one at some point

I've got some anniversary sideskirts on the way which will also be sprayed at work but not for a few weeks yet. Probably my last update for a few weeks as it's now only 5 days till my daughter is due...

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... misfire cured...
« Reply #93 on: 20 January 2011, 09:16 »
Went out to the car last night and got busy with ripping bits out of the engine bay. The Carbonio has gone along with all the old pipework for the catch tank.

I'll be replacing the pipes and refitting the standard airbox over the next few days along with the DSG intake parts. Catch can will be either be mounted on the air intake on the front panel or on the side of the battery cover. I made a piece of carbon fibre plate at work to do this as I have a fabric battery cover.

I'm off work now until the start of Feb so no progress on the wheels until I go back

I'll get some pics of how the bay looks in a mo

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... started so I've got to finish...
« Reply #94 on: 23 January 2011, 00:05 »
Didn't go out to the car today as I CBA so no pics of the current progress. I do however have some pics of the other bits I've been doing

Hole marked out for the the bigger intake pipe

Lower part of airbox with pipe attached

Top of the airbox reassembled

The bracket I made up at work to attach the catch can to the front panel

All being put together tomorrow

These are my anniversary skirts I got for a bargain price

More tomorrow

« Last Edit: 23 January 2011, 00:18 by Wazzzer »

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... started so I've got to finish...
« Reply #95 on: 25 January 2011, 00:35 »
Right, between spending some time with the kids and the missus this last week I've managed to run all the new pipework for the catch can and modified the engine cover to fit over the new thicker pipe

a Green Cotton panel filter arrived to fit to the standard airbox

and the bracket is now black and fixed to the air duct

tomorrow I'll be cutting all the pipework and get it all up and running again

I've decided to ditch my S3 battery cover as it won't fit with the standard air duct on the front panel but I've bought a later spec battery cover to replace my fabric version which should look a bit better

will have some finished pics tomorrow :smiley:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... back to OEM
« Reply #96 on: 25 January 2011, 07:46 »
Nice...... I like you're idea with the airbox, I had some plans for mine and will be doing something similar when everything else is OK, especially when it comes to increasing the intake.   :cool:

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #97 on: 25 January 2011, 12:57 »
sounds interesting  :smug:

Cheers mate, hopefully will have it all back together tomorrow, spent an hour or so up the hospital with my oldest this morning as she's got a chest infection so gonna spend the day with her today instead.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #98 on: 25 January 2011, 19:04 »
whoops where did this come from?!

:shocked:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #99 on: 25 January 2011, 19:22 »
More importantly why isn't it fitted yet?  :tongue: