Author Topic: Arrival of New Golf R In Deep Pearl Back  (Read 2614 times)

Offline Misterp

• I live here
Arrival of New Golf R In Deep Pearl Back
« on: 17 October 2016, 15:06 »
Hi Guys,

been away from this section for some time.

Life played a few curve balls on me but all is good now (bought New house, gutted it for full renovation and extension, some1 set fire to it -causing about £20k worth of damage, completed renovation works and argued the toss with insurers about accepting liability and found out wife is expecting 2nd child). Unfortunately, this has meant any time consuming detailing has been placed on the back seat basic wash dry and seal has been the order of the day.

My current GTD is due back to BCA on 25 October and I take delivery of a Golf R in DPB on 20/10. I had initially ordered a R in LSG but it was one of the many caught up in delays and i was advised that it could be some time before I am able to accept delivery. with the GTD due back to VW I opted to take one that was on order. It turns out that my original order will be here mid Nov but ive agreed to take the DPB with Car Net no other options.

Now that I've got my life story out the way with  :grin:, a few of  you have already provided priceless advise on products etc that I have purchased an amassed over the last 3 years which I will be able to use on the new R. I have a bunch of WoWo stuff which i have used and must say the Detailing pad (so easy to use), Micofibres and Drying Cloths are fantastic.

My New R comes with the standard Seats (Cloth) with a toddler and another Baby on the way, any good products out there that anyone would recommend that i could use to apply a protective layer to the seats making them easier to clean. I have seen the Gtechniq stuff but would really appreciate a first hand recommendation.

Thanks for reading.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Arrival of New Golf R In Deep Pearl Back
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2016, 15:23 »
Hi Guys,

been away from this section for some time.

Life played a few curve balls on me but all is good now (bought New house, gutted it for full renovation and extension, some1 set fire to it -causing about £20k worth of damage, completed renovation works and argued the toss with insurers about accepting liability and found out wife is expecting 2nd child). Unfortunately, this has meant any time consuming detailing has been placed on the back seat basic wash dry and seal has been the order of the day.

My current GTD is due back to BCA on 25 October and I take delivery of a Golf R in DPB on 20/10. I had initially ordered a R in LSG but it was one of the many caught up in delays and i was advised that it could be some time before I am able to accept delivery. with the GTD due back to VW I opted to take one that was on order. It turns out that my original order will be here mid Nov but ive agreed to take the DPB with Car Net no other options.

Now that I've got my life story out the way with  :grin:, a few of  you have already provided priceless advise on products etc that I have purchased an amassed over the last 3 years which I will be able to use on the new R. I have a bunch of WoWo stuff which i have used and must say the Detailing pad (so easy to use), Micofibres and Drying Cloths are fantastic.

My New R comes with the standard Seats (Cloth) with a toddler and another Baby on the way, any good products out there that anyone would recommend that i could use to apply a protective layer to the seats making them easier to clean. I have seen the Gtechniq stuff but would really appreciate a first hand recommendation.

Thanks for reading.

Congrats on the news of a new baby, and a new R.  :smiley:

I have leather but have only heard good stuff about Gtechniq l1 Smart Fabric, that would be my choice if I had cloth.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline brettblade

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2016, 15:37 »
I managed to pick up the Supaguard version for £1 a can, which was a bit too much of a bargain to turn down!  Applied properly, it seems to be doing the job.  Like much of the Supaguard range, the issue is not with the product but rather with lacklustre application.

I can also recommend Croftgate's Fabric Protector, I've used that to good effect on fabric convertible hoods and if it stands up to the elements it should stand up to pretty much anything you can throw at it from inside the car.

Having said that, you can't go wrong with any of the GTechniq products.
Orded 04/06/2016
Build W/C 01/08/2016
Handover 01/09/2016
GTI PP, CSG, Tech pack, parking pack, 90% tints, DCC, 19" Santiago alloys
Soon to be gone!

7.5R Indium Grey, 19” Spielbergs expected 01/03/2019.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2016, 08:13 »
Thanks guys appreciate the input.

With the cloth seats having a bit of anthracite would it be ok to use the spray on these sections of the seats.
« Last Edit: 18 October 2016, 11:03 by Misterp »
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline brettblade

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 18 October 2016, 12:05 »
I'm not too familiar with the R seats, but if they're all fabric sections then it'll be fine.  Always best to do a small test spot before going all out though.
Orded 04/06/2016
Build W/C 01/08/2016
Handover 01/09/2016
GTI PP, CSG, Tech pack, parking pack, 90% tints, DCC, 19" Santiago alloys
Soon to be gone!

7.5R Indium Grey, 19” Spielbergs expected 01/03/2019.