Author Topic: Arrival of new clubsport  (Read 9724 times)

Offline kitbag1984

• GTI forum regular
Re: Arrival of new clubsport
« Reply #10 on: 13 October 2016, 06:20 »
Another detailing question: the  supaguard thing they have offered covers the internal side as well. If I am getting the external done proffessionally is it worth letting them have a good clean of the interior and ally their own protection?  Ps it's getting close now. Should be arriving in uk today or over weekend. Woo hoo!
GTI Clubsport edition 40
Carbon Steel Grey, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Car Net, Recaro Seats, Black Roof

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: 13 October 2016, 09:36 »
I wouldn't have them do anything if you are so concerned. It depends too if you are planning on driving the car straight to your detailer too. If you're not then it might be nice to at least have the interior looking nice, so let them do it. Just check the trims well before you leave the dealership.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 13 October 2016, 10:22 »
I personally wouldn't have them do the interior, I would either do it myself or if I was having a pro detail, I'd pay a bit extra and get them to do the interior too using a fabric or leather protectant on the upholstery as well. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kitbag1984

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 18 October 2016, 00:03 »
I personally wouldn't have them do the interior, I would either do it myself or if I was having a pro detail, I'd pay a bit extra and get them to do the interior too using a fabric or leather protectant on the upholstery as well.

Thanks for the advice.

As an update I have found what looks like a reputable detailer who will coat with Gyeon mohs which seems like what I want.
GTI Clubsport edition 40

Offline kitbag1984

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 26 October 2016, 18:15 »
It's getting close now. 😃  Handover Monday. Straight to the detailed who will be doing a full job and coating so geoyn MOHs for a pick up on Thursday.

Hopefully that will give the car a good start in life and allow me to explore detailing the car myself. 😃🚗
GTI Clubsport edition 40

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 26 October 2016, 21:32 »
It's getting close now. 😃  Handover Monday. Straight to the detailed who will be doing a full job and coating so geoyn MOHs for a pick up on Thursday.

Hopefully that will give the car a good start in life and allow me to explore detailing the car myself. 😃🚗

Ooh, exciting!  It's going to look amazing when it's all done.  Don't forget we will need plenty of pics.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kitbag1984

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 27 October 2016, 01:18 »

Ooh, exciting!  It's going to look amazing when it's all done.  Don't forget we will need plenty of pics.  :smiley:

Most definitely!👍
GTI Clubsport edition 40

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: 27 October 2016, 07:20 »

Looking forward to seeing her - I followed my old Edition 35 for a couple of miles last night which was very odd, but good to see she is still being looked after.  :smiley:

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 27 October 2016, 10:39 »
Strange isn't it when cars return, its happened to a few of my dads cars, his nova reappeared after about 15 years in hiding, someone near my mum owned it, i saw his leon fr in leeds twice after it had been sold two years earlier, the R reg passat ended up 2 miles down the road afer a few months in wales apparently, and i work with a bloke who now owns the 56 plate passat my dad had.

I just cant seem to find the one i want, chosen one, the capri green mk2 (H463GNC). rrrh.
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis

Offline kitbag1984

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 11 November 2016, 15:16 »
So after having the car approx 1 week i already need to clean it and need to buy some equipment, i intend to follow booths guide.  Anyone know of any discount codes going around?
GTI Clubsport edition 40