Author Topic: Mrk 4 golf 1.8 gti non turbo to turbo engine swap  (Read 11736 times)

Offline declangriffiths

• Just got here
Mrk 4 golf 1.8 gti non turbo to turbo engine swap
« on: 25 October 2015, 19:53 »
Hi guys first post on here as couldn't really get answers just from reading through so here goes.

I've got the sluggish 1.8 gti God knows how it managed to get the gti badge but anyway my mates had his mrk 4 gti 1.8 turbo rear ended and wrote off and we can buy it back at a stupidly cheap price.

So what I need to know is is the engine a strait out strait in job or are the mounts different and in terms of anything else I need to change what would it be.

As I have a doner car everything is available so no problem there I just need to know what to change I have full access to a car lift and every tool needed but it's my first engine swap so advice would be great

Thanks in advance guys

Offline Richieblue83

• Just got here
Re: Mrk 4 golf 1.8 gti non turbo to turbo engine swap
« Reply #1 on: 13 December 2015, 11:34 »
Straight swap. Take everything, drive shafts etc.., the ecu and both looms that plug into it and the lamba loom and plug it all in under the wiper motor and hey presto. Als make sure both cars are either cable drive or drive by wire.

Offline J666LOE

• Just got here
Re: Mrk 4 golf 1.8 gti non turbo to turbo engine swap
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2017, 12:19 »
I have an AUQ engine and a K03s turbo with it, ECU, key and the clocks, you can buy off me if you want? I have a loom but you'll be best off buying another if I'm been honest.....