Author Topic: A 1.8 Litre MK1? Anyone interested?  (Read 1336 times)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
A 1.8 Litre MK1? Anyone interested?
« on: 06 November 2007, 09:19 »
Hey guys.

Im trying an idea that i hope may work. Im from South Africa and as you guys probably know we are producing the CitiGolf Range. We have recently come up with a .:R Line range where only 100 were produced. However VW Have still got a few 1.8 litre versions left which are seen as special edition.

Some info. The cars come standard with 15" Rims
CD/MP3 player (4 speaker system, sounds good)
The vehicle produces 90KW and does 0-100KM in 7 seconds  :evil: (not bad for a CitiGolf)

The idea is as follows. I have six of these vehicles left on the system. So what we do is. We do some cosmetic changes. Aka. Red stripe grill (If i remember correctly it comes with that already), faint mascara and the suspension etc is already lowered.

The car looks very similar to the MK1, however the interior is completely redesigned and looks similar to a polo. The vehicle actually shares parts with the polo so it can be serviced overseas and VW South Africa informs me that they can make a warranty/ road plan optional overseas.

So who is interested? I have not worked out importing etc costs nor tax etc but so far according to the exchange rate 7000 pounds is sort of the price (keeping in mind the car comes complete with all the features etc).

If anybody wants more information or wants to try help me out with regards to UK laws etc It would be greatly appreciated. Just PM me or send me an email on 08micsta@wbhs.org.za

Here is a picture of the 1.8 litre. With the slight cosmetic changes that may happen (Ignore the .:R Badge( :

And the rear which may get the "Mascara around the window and it will prob have twin exhausts (the picture is the 1.4 litre version)

Please let me know what you think.
Michael

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Re: A 1.8 Litre MK1? Anyone interested?
« Reply #1 on: 06 November 2007, 09:33 »
For those that are interested the interior may look similar to this:

Mike

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.