Author Topic: PCP Trade Ins  (Read 1841 times)

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
PCP Trade Ins
« on: 27 March 2019, 19:20 »
Not been on since I got my GTI last year, but its time for my wife's A4 Avant PCP deal to end and I was looking for some advice.

I'm thinking we should switch back to VW from Audi.  Audi customer service has been great, but the cars are very stingy on equipment and charge a fortune for options. 

Thinking about getting a Golf GTD estate to replace it as the boot is a bit bigger and it comes with all the trimmings.

Here's the question - will I have to settle/hand back to Audi on the PCP deal, or can I trade it to the VW garage and get them to sort the paperwork as its all VW Finance behind the scenes anyway?

Any advice gratefully received :)
Current: 2021 MK8 GTI DSG Atlantic Blue
Gone: 2018 MK7.5 GTI Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2015 MK7 Match Night Blue
Gone: 2010 MK6 GTD Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2008 MK5 Match Blue

Offline NewbieGTIP

• Not said much yet
  • If it ain’t broke..... it probably soon will be.
Re: PCP Trade Ins
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2019, 19:25 »
Speaking from when I was in the trade unless things have changed, you part exchange the car and the dealer will sort everything out including settling the finance and using any equity in new deal or rolling any negative equity in to the new deal. They’ll just need you there whilst they make the call to finance company for settlement figure for data protection.
#330 Gti Clubsport.

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2019, 19:27 »
I did it last year going from Golf to Golf, but just unsure what would happen going from Audi to VW.

If its the same, then that might be a result.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2019, 19:35 »
Ive just changed from Audi to Vw. Same finance company I believe. Anyway, Vw settles the balance and added the equity to my deal. You have nothing to do.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2019, 20:24 »
I did the same recently too. It’s a nice way to avoid any excess mileage charges!

But but but... also consider selling to a car buying group. I sold to the Sytner Group who responded to my ad on Piston Heads. They came to my house to value the car and offered me nearly a grand more than VW were offering on the trade-in. They came back three days later, the outstanding finance (PCP) was settled in full, and the balance transferred to my bank account all at the same time. They don’t drive off in the car until you’ve confirmed you’ve received the funds. Highly recommended. I have their details if anyone’s interested.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 27 March 2019, 20:51 »
I tried Tootle. Some great offers. Higher than original trade in value. In the end my dealer matched that so worth looking at alternatives.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 28 March 2019, 09:12 »
Not been on since I got my GTI last year,

So you got a GTI and now don't come on the forum?? What did we do....  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 30 March 2019, 07:41 »
Not been on since I got my GTI last year,

So you got a GTI and now don't come on the forum?? What did we do....  :grin:

I was ashamed at how dirty mine was compared to everyone else's  :grin: