Author Topic: Disklok with dsg paddles? - also ghost immobiliser with warranty  (Read 861 times)

Offline anto135

• Just got here
Hi all,

Apologies if already asked, I’ve tried searching but can’t find reference to this specifically.

I’m picking up my gti Friday and looking at getting a Disklok for the time being. I’ve seen a lot stating they fit but not found anything specifically stating they fit the DSG’s, just wondering with the paddles. Only reason I ask is I was looking at reviews and someone had left a review saying they didn’t fit as their car had paddles (didn’t note what car it was though). Does anyone know if they fit ok with the paddles?

I’m also looking at getting ghost immobiliser fitted as soon as. I know this will have been discussed before but does anyone know/have experience of having one fitted and having warranty issues with it. More so the dealership warranty (main dealers Volkswagen) as the manufacturers would finish at the end of next year but I’ve got an extended warranty with the dealership themselves.

Also, any other tips on security would be appreciated.

Thanks - apologies if I’ve posted in the wrong place or if it’s been asked before
« Last Edit: 25 November 2020, 13:56 by anto135 »

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
I've got a disklok on my DSG GTI and it fits fine with no issues. The paddles are sat further in and mine even have extended paddles which again are fine.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
As above, it fits perfectly with the paddles. No problems at all.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline anto135

• Just got here
Appreciated, I’m presuming I’d need the small?

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Correct sir.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Online Adam T7

• I live here
Small Disklock is perfect, get the bag and steering wheel protector as well. I’ve got an aftermarket immobiliser, not sure if better or worse than a Ghost - happy to provide details of the forum.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.