Author Topic: MAF issues - maybe  (Read 880 times)

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
MAF issues - maybe
« on: 13 April 2015, 17:25 »
Got a really bad popping when I was booting it the other day, seriously bad, seemed more like engine as opposed to exhaust but seemed like I'd hit the rev limiter (I'm 99.9% sure we don't have one lol)
So scanned and got the 16486 code, after unplugging the MAF harness all the purple plastic inside the clip seemed to have just broken to pieces, is this a necessary part to allow contact or is it just a guide/hold in place.

Going to have a proper look tomorrow at it all tomorrow but would appreciate any advice :)

Oh and just in case I needed to redo the harness I called VW - sit down when you read this:-
Yes, there is a problem, they are now obsolete but the last price we had listed for them was £668 ex VAT holy FK  :shocked:
« Last Edit: 13 April 2015, 17:27 by Dalo Harkin »
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Re: MAF issues - maybe
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2015, 22:24 »
Best thing to do is snip it from a breaker.

If you PM me your address I'll stick a  cut off in the post for you, solder and heatshrink and job done, good as new.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.