Author Topic: Not another tension failure... That's whats wrong with my GTI!  (Read 32340 times)

Offline Jimmgc51

• Here all the time
Re: Not another tension failure... That's whats wrong with my GTI!
« Reply #100 on: 22 October 2013, 17:50 »
So this issue is not going away and so a bit more info for future failures:

My Case Ref with VWCC - 09-022091

This you can use and have all info linked to your case

£675 total paid! (This seems to be floating around from £500-£1300)

Others may want to add their info also gives people more ammo when/if the time comes..
Golf GTI 09, CW, Bi-Xenon, DCC, 18" Monza's, Jakarta, RNS510, Dynaudio, F&R parking sensors, Winter pack...

Ibiza Deep House mix for DL - https://soundcloud.com/jimmgc51/getting-deep-with-house

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #101 on: 22 October 2013, 21:35 »
I also sent them an email but got a phone call back and all they said was if your worried and it's noisy, get it booked in to be looked at and if found at fault the goodwill process can then be started.

Mine hasn't got any fault yet but I was just asking them if they would replace as preventative maintenance but don't seem interested..

Pretty much what I was told today. VW rang up and said they are aware of several failures and that they monitor various forums. But at least my message and call has been logged so I have proof of my concerns :rolleyes:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #102 on: 23 October 2013, 00:06 »
Interesting read.

Mate just had an oil pump go on a Bluemotion MK6 he got off his dad. Just out of warrenty and got offered goodwill etc and would have to pay round 800ish.

His dad responded by cancelling last minute his brand new Tiguan order and said the dealerships an arsehole as they use them for all servicing for the last few years on their cars (he buys a new one ever couple years and both sons have Golfs) and had em all from new.

All of a sudden phone rings and low and behold the guy spoke to his manager and managed to get it done for free. Thing he strung the cancelled order for a bit. :grin:

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.