Author Topic: Philips X-Treme power bulbs (pics on page 6)  (Read 28451 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Philips X-Treme power bulbs
« Reply #40 on: 19 December 2007, 11:57 »
lol cheers mate. Oh how I love you.

:kiss:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #41 on: 19 December 2007, 12:23 »
i use these in the bora and the mk3 and they rock! really good light cast and good for fast night driving!  :grin:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #42 on: 28 December 2007, 11:15 »
These have arrived this morning ! Going to leave work early so I can get home before dark and try and get them fitted !

WOOOO ! :D

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #43 on: 28 December 2007, 13:12 »
These have arrived this morning ! Going to leave work early so I can get home before dark and try and get them fitted !

WOOOO ! :D

Get that bumper off!!  :grin:
Could you let me know what you think of them mate as i havent got mine fitted yet!! Also did you get them from power bulbs and did you get the free phillips "blue" side light bulbs? Would be very interested to know what you think of them with the X-Treme bulbs next to them.

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #44 on: 28 December 2007, 14:01 »
Yeah, I got them free ones too. Just going to finish off my lemsip, put a fleece on and go change them. I will test them out tonight and let you know.

From the pic on the back of the bluevision one they look pretty cool.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #45 on: 28 December 2007, 14:10 »
Yeah, I got them free ones too. Just going to finish off my lemsip, put a fleece on and go change them. I will test them out tonight and let you know.

From the pic on the back of the bluevision one they look pretty cool.

Limsip lol  :grin: Thanks mate. Yeah rhyso has the blue side lights he said thay are good just didnt know what thay would look like with the X-Treme bulbs.

Offline faisalgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #46 on: 28 December 2007, 14:53 »
The other day i couldnt even tell if my lights were on, in a way its reassuring to see others have the same prob. Might well invest in some of these bulbs, either that or get a hid conversion. Anyone know which ones are best or where to go?

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #47 on: 28 December 2007, 15:38 »
The other day i couldnt even tell if my lights were on, in a way its reassuring to see others have the same prob. Might well invest in some of these bulbs, either that or get a hid conversion. Anyone know which ones are best or where to go?

The bulbs will be you best bet mate ,Unless youve got £800 spare to get the OME ones, I dont think the "cheap" HID kits are legal either.  :wink:

Offline faisalgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #48 on: 28 December 2007, 21:00 »

The bulbs will be you best bet mate ,Unless youve got £800 spare to get the OME ones, I dont think the "cheap" HID kits are legal either.  :wink:

Been lookin at Hid kits which are around £100, they say they are legal and stuff but nothings cheap(well compared to £800) for no reason. But if the bulbs are really that good then its probably a waste of money to go for hid. Thanks for the tip mate

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #49 on: 28 December 2007, 23:02 »
Well, got the bulbs on and they really are an improvement. The drivers side light was a complete ASS to get done as the battery gets right in the way and its realllly hard to clip back on. Get them on, there good.

I didnt get the bluevision ones on as it was getting dark and starting to rain so Im probs going to try and get them put in on Sunday. Because I have left the sidelights in you can really see the diffrence in colour (the sidelights are a soooo much more "yellower" compared to the more white light thats produced by these new bulbs).

All in all a bargain and a worthwhile investment for £32.99.