Author Topic: 306 D Turbo - car #11, how long will this one stay for? place your bets..  (Read 15627 times)

Offline luke

• I live here
  • When in doubt, whip it out!
got this last week after selling the corsa to a friend as it was horrible to drive, paid £340, 151k miles, just needs a new wheel bearing, bodywork tidying up a tad, wound the fuel pump and turbo out a tad so pulls well and still returns good mpg if not booting it
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
Keep this one for a few years, save what you can and get a car you want when you've saved enough and insurance is a bit cheaper :afro:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline luke

• I live here
Keep this one for a few years, save what you can and get a car you want when you've saved enough and insurance is a bit cheaper :afro:
already looking at parts for it  :lipsrsealed: want to turn it into a bit of a sleeper if I'm honest, looking at bolting on a td04 turbo and uprating a few bits, possibly fitting a boost gauge and fmic (behind bottom grill so hiding away) and putting more boost, about 22 psi is safe with fmic I've heard
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline shepgti

• I live here
i'll give the engine 2 months before it goes bang then :grin:

Offline luke

• I live here
i'll give the engine 2 months before it goes bang then :grin:
want as much power as I can without it going bang  :grin:
I prefer driving turbo diesels, may look at saving for a mk4 gttdi pd130, especially if i've got an interview at vw on tuesday  :cool:
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us

In which case you need to disappoint yourself, or it will go bang. 

Turn the pump back a bit from where you've wound it out to and turn the boost down a bit.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline luke

• I live here

In which case you need to disappoint yourself, or it will go bang. 

Turn the pump back a bit from where you've wound it out to and turn the boost down a bit.
was looking at a bigger turbo and not running so much boost that it's under strain like the turbo in at the minute, and also a bosch fuel pump as apparently they can take more strain
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
How about just leaving it alone?  It's a good car as it is, pretty bullet proof normally, good all rounder.  Instead of modding it save the money toward something nicer in the future.

Offline luke

• I live here
How about just leaving it alone?  It's a good car as it is, pretty bullet proof normally, good all rounder.  Instead of modding it save the money toward something nicer in the future.
they're only cheap mods I'm looking into, might make me want to keep the car longer  :grin:
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline Thom89

• Forum addict
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
If you start modding that, I will 100% guarantee you that you'll end up ballsing it, and create a car that no longer runs... absolutely no need whatsoever to adjust anything :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Just drive it and end enjoy it, at 150k its not even run in yet, just mint it up, and slam it!

Thom