Author Topic: WHAT DO YOU THINK???  (Read 2198 times)

Offline 20V TURBO

• Not said much yet
WHAT DO YOU THINK???
« on: 02 October 2003, 22:55 »

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
Re:WHAT DO YOU THINK???
« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2003, 12:03 »
Hmmmm, I'd question the validity of any claim like that - 30+bhp and 30+% increase in fuel efficiency possible. If it were that easy or good, surely the car manufacturerers would have it on their cars as standard!!! - too good to be true I reckon
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2003, 13:03 »
I would guess its a load of old toss.  :o

The website claims:

0 to 35 increase in horsepower
0 to 31.85% increase in fuel economy

I think in both instances you can expect the zero.

Lets ponder for just a moment. Volkswagen and all other engine manufacturers spend millions upon millions of pounds in developing engines. They have some of the best engineering minds this world has seen, allowing our cars to produce more power, at less cost, with less emmissions and go longer between servicing intervals.

If sticking a piece of pipe in the inlet would give a near-32% increase in fuel economy, I think VW or Ford or GM or BMW would have stumbled accross this years ago?

Would Ford bother contracting Cosworth to re-design Cylinder heads if they could get 35 brake horse power from a wind-swirling piece of drain-pipe?

No.

If it did work, I would expect to see every car accessory shop in the land selling it, every motoring programme and magazine raving about it and see it under the bonnet of every Nova in the country.

But no, the sole method of promoting this is a child-like website that was obviously put together in about 15 minutes.

I seem to remember Revs testing this about 4 years ago, and if I remember correctly they said it was cack.

I think you'd see the same increase if you strapped a kipper to the manifold.

In my opinion (not worth much to anyone else, granted) avoid it like the plague and spend your hard-earned elsewhere.  ;)

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2003, 15:07 »
S11EPS - I think I was trying to put that point across, but I raise my hat to you, that was far more eliquent ;) if a little sarcastic (apparently the lowest form of humour - but by far the funniest)
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

golfvr6

« Reply #4 on: 04 October 2003, 13:28 »
Yep i couldn't agree more!  :D

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2003, 15:43 »
Thanks guys, I do prize myself on using 100 words when 4 will do  ;)

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel