Author Topic: indigo blue paint...mmmm  (Read 1890 times)

Offline woodcote corner

• Just got here
indigo blue paint...mmmm
« on: 23 September 2003, 18:27 »
Got a 99 Mk4  in indigo blue after getting rid (why oh why) a Mk 2 8V GTi. Anyway.... the paint on this Mk4 is absolutely rubbish. it's done 60k miles and the bonnet had more chips in it than any car I have ever seen.

Now I take car of my car cos it's my money rather than the usual rep-mobile and I don't drive it right up the back of every grit spreading lorry in the land.... but this paint job is pants.

Been to the dealer and they aggree that it ain't great, even to the extent that they admitted it was not good enough - and said they have 3 other cars in the same state....but now are getting cold feet - going to have a go at them tomorrow so they better watch out...

Does any one else have this trouble? Is it down to the unleaded paint?

Look forward to hearing from you guys. top bombing.

Offline rickardo

• Not said much yet
Re:indigo blue paint...mmmm
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2003, 21:20 »
Me to matey,

Got a 99 mk4 1.8 GTI. only done 17K. paints weak as psis. only have to sneeze on it and it scuffs.  

God know what it gunna be like now that Im clocking 20clicks a year??

Watch out for the leccy window plastic brackets snapping spontinously. ?75 per pop plus fitting. Know VW golf fault but no recall. Bang out.

Offline woodcote corner

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2003, 11:09 »
thanks Rikardo

went to Dealer yesterday and said no chance mate. almost accused me of driving it on the motorway. got short shrift from me after comments such as that....  off the record admitted it was the worst he's ever seen, but more than his job's worth.. blah blah blah.  I am getting sick and tired of these flippin dealers who are even messing the big corporate money people about let alone the tiddly private money people.

What is the thing with the leccy windows?
Do they break inside the doors? I think I've heard something along those lines, but not 100%.

Forewarning would be helpful if you have a min, espech with the nice warm weather we have approaching.... oh joy - another trip to the VW argument dept

Offline dieselboy

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2003, 21:03 »
I just returned a 99 Indigo blue golf company car with 105 K on the clock and the bonnet did look like it had been hit with a shotgun and was dull as dull all over really, my drivers window broke but was under warranty, it just makes a loud bang then when you try and move it it drops inside the door, think that happened in its first year so anything up to 30 k on the clock, prob cant blame my paint for being a bit dodgy after that many miles.

Andy

Offline rickardo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2003, 21:09 »
Mine went after 16k, is 4 yrs old tho. was doing 85 when it went.  had to change pants after it happened.  VW said it was a known fault, but basicly tough sh&t. VW USA had a full recall on the mk4s and replaced the clip with metal.  UK should do same instead of charging ?75 part plus labour!!