Author Topic: Roads missing in AID map ?  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Roads missing in AID map ?
« on: 19 September 2018, 08:39 »
Don't know if this is just me or a minor glitch, but I was driving on my work to work this morning, and going down quite a major road (though not an A or B road - that I know of), and noticed on the AID in front of me, that there was no road drawn, and my direction arrow was sort of floating in mid air. I tried adjusting the zoom ratio from right in to about 300 yards and still nothing. I thought it might be an issue with the map version I have so switched over to the maps on the head unit (mines the poverty spec 8" unit so I can't have the maps on both at the same time), and low and behold, the road I was on was perfectly drawn.

the same happened a short while later, again on a minor road, i.e. no road shown on the AID but is shown when the map is flipped across to the head unit ?

Anyone else had this ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Roads missing in AID map ?
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2018, 09:08 »
Not seen that... I've seen GPS position wrong and suddenly ping back (on a road I use all the time that normally works) and some funny places where the map is straight wrong (not always new roads either) but not what you describe.

Should be the same map on both displays.

Could be a software glitch, see if you can get your MIB software updated... (I have NavPro on a Mk7.5 so its different software)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2018, 09:55 »
Not got AID but is the display a lot smaller than the infotainment screen? The software might even remove some roads for 'clarity' on the smaller display, although I'd have thought the one you were actually driving on would be shown lol.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2018, 10:08 »
No Gnasher, it shows whatever depending on the zoom, but definitely always should show the road you are on!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC