Poll

How many faults has your MK6 Golf had / got?

Dont ask

Author Topic: 10,000 of trouble free motoring - how are you guys getting on?  (Read 3438 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
My tyres don't have long left in them to be fair  :wink:
Just the one issue really and it was my boot catch needed replacing ive done 12k now, very happy with it runs like a dream  :smug:

Replaced front tyres but the engine is sweet, it just gets better by the day really .

PS also had to replace a bulb.

I have 18k on the clock and the Bridgestones on the front still dont need replacing yet? I am quite impressed with them.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline GerryD

• Not said much yet
In the year that we have owned ours, no mechanical problems at all.
Need to get a misalligned bonnet sorted and the centre caps replaced as, they are peeling, when she goes in for a service next week.
Tornado Red Mark 6 GTI
Carbon Steel Grey Mark 7 GTD

Previous: Mark 3 TDI GL
              Mark 4 GT TDI
              Mark 5 GT TDI

Offline AGB

• I live here
Two things:

1. Electric mirrors not folding or folding intermittently on reverse (as per the luxury pack).
2. Steering wheel play (not as precise as when bought).

9,100 miles on the clock.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
I get this strange nagging sound coming from the passenger seat area quite often.

Mind you that continues when I get indoors...... :laugh:

Apart from that, nowt. Nothing I've noticed anyway.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline AGB

• I live here
I get this strange nagging sound coming from the passenger seat area quite often.

I get that too. Especially at certain speeds on private roads when the needle approaches 2 o'clock. I later discovered the needle is visible from the passenger seat at this point and this seems to trigger the effect you mention.  :grin:
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
I get that too. Especially at certain speeds on private roads when the needle approaches 2 o'clock. I later discovered the needle is visible from the passenger seat at this point and this seems to trigger the effect you mention.  :grin:

Talking about effects, I have constant complaints from the ladies that they cannot get out of the front bucket seat easily. I was too kind to tell them they were overweight and had fat arses.  :evil:
BTW, they simply adore my knob.  :grin:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
No faults as such, she had an annoying rattle from the drivers door during the first month of ownership but that disappeared pretty quickly.

I just love this car and find myself making excuses to go out for a drive, each time I clamber behind the wheel I get a huge smile on my face.

The bridgestones have 9500 miles on them now and the tyre fitter reckons they are good for another couple of thousand, so really quite chuffed.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
Nearly 25K in mine and its not skipped a beat. Its certainly been the best car I've ever owned.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
Faults - rear fog light covers missing.

Annoyances - headlight washers and DRLs, both switched off.

Otherwise an absolute joy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.