Author Topic: 1.4 GT TSi (160)  (Read 4865 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: 1.4 GT TSi (160)
« Reply #10 on: 22 September 2009, 19:06 »
Yeah well time we've all bought and paid for our cars there's very little left over for such luxuries as re-maps, I've worked hard to get to this stage in my life with a little help from an inheritance (a lot of help actually) I just can't justify a re-map and to be honest for me 210bhp is enough.

I will take you for a spin in mine once its done... i think that may help you persuade you.  :grin:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 22 September 2009, 20:45 »
So you think it should be fine and worth the money? I can't find anything anywhere about anybody having it done which is a shame  :sad:
There are a lot of nay-sayers on here, which is understandable with such a new car, who will say ''no'' don't re-map it. There are also a good few on here that have never owned a forced induction car never mind tuned one so look upon re-mapping as a black art.
Re-mapping has been around for very many years and there are some very good and very poor mappers out there. REVO are in the catergory of the former. I'm no big REVO fanboy and go along with my eyes open, but if I was in your shoes I would do it.
If I was in my shoes I would do it too.  :smiley:
I'm quite happy with my standard GTI at the moment, I'm still familiarising myself with it (plus I'm still skint from buying it!) and will wait to get mine re-mapped for when the time is right. For you it sounds like the time has come!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 22 September 2009, 22:15 »
I think your right, now to try and sort the funds out  :wink:

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #13 on: 22 September 2009, 22:16 »
Yeah well time we've all bought and paid for our cars there's very little left over for such luxuries as re-maps, I've worked hard to get to this stage in my life with a little help from an inheritance (a lot of help actually) I just can't justify a re-map and to be honest for me 210bhp is enough.

I will take you for a spin in mine once its done... i think that may help you persuade you.  :grin: lol where is it you are? :grin:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 23 September 2009, 08:09 »

I will take you for a spin in mine once its done... i think that may help you persuade you.  :grin: lol where is it you are? :grin:

North and East Leeds most of the time :smiley:

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 23 September 2009, 09:57 »
Bit the bullet and got it booked in for october 5th, you only live once so why not? Also going to get the switchable port too so i can turn it bk to standard whenever it goes in for anything, i dont want to give them any excuses to go looking for it as surely somebody there will drive my car and if i dont change the map they'd be able to tell something fishy was going on

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #16 on: 23 September 2009, 11:14 »
to be honest for me 210bhp is enough.

lol you say that but when you drive a remapped car for a week, you will never want to go back to 210.

220 sounds insane from 1.4, but that just my opinion with no knowledge of that engine to backup my thoughts.

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 23 September 2009, 11:22 »
I agree it does sound insane, i think when ppl see 1.4 they forget its got a super charger and a turbo charger with 160bhp as standard. I'm sure a reputable firm like Revo wouldn't release the map if the car couldn't handle it?

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 25 September 2009, 15:57 »
I emailed Revo to see if they could answer me some questions, here's the reply i recieved....

Hi there Aidy,

In answer to your questions:

power output from the manufacturer is often a ‘marketing’ figure and the output is set based on where the car fits into the product line-up (considering the other marques in the VAG family as well). The engine is a forced induction 1.4 so has much more potential than a run of the mill 1.4 normally aspirated engine. Typically the engine makes slightly more than the factory quoted power output as well. As long as you continue to look after the car as you should standard it will be fine!
we warrant our software for life. In theory your VW Warranty will be effected, but then why do VW need to know that it’s been done. Invest in a Select Switch and turn the software to ‘stock’ mode and there’s no reason for the dealer to know there’s anything done to your car.
the current dealer diagnostic equipment cannot see any difference between a stock and a revo’d car. In performance mode if the dealer drives the car they will be able to ‘feel’ it’s different but still wouldn’t be able to see any difference. The only way they would know is if you told them!
We’ve no-one in Bolton, however if you went round the M60 to Stockport we have Prosport in Heaton Mersey 0161 432 9999, or going up north to ADS in Preston 01772 201 597.

I hope that answers your questions, sorry for the delay in our response. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Best Regards,

Kev Hall

Revo Developments Limited
47 Brunel Close, Drayton Fields Industrial Estate, Daventry, Northamptonshire, UK, NN11 8RB
+44 (0) 1327 301901
www.revotechnik.com

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 25 September 2009, 15:58 »
What do you guys think? Sounds good to me  :grin: