Author Topic: grime!!  (Read 955 times)

Offline MrAnderson93

• GTI forum regular
grime!!
« on: 01 January 2011, 16:53 »
whenever i wash my car or even after it rains, under the the rear windows on my 3 door mk3 golf, near the doorlines, there is always a ugly black streak or two of grime, and somtimes under the rubstrips, they buff off with a bit of quick detailer and a microfibre but id really want to stop them apearing all together, what is causing them? and is there any way to stop them?

thasnks

Offline tg1

• I live here
Re: grime!!
« Reply #1 on: 01 January 2011, 17:33 »
its the dirt underneath that is getting wet and running down

the cheeky answer would be clean it properly in the first place  :kiss: :laugh:

but unless you remove them or find a way of cleaning behind you'll just need to keep some qd in the boot

Offline MrAnderson93

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 01 January 2011, 18:25 »
OI!!!!! i always clean my car properly a "quick wash" always turns into a four hour mini detail  :laugh:

and ive tried blasting the jetwash ebhind the rubstrips and it still doesnt work, guess i could take them off and clean, but then how would i get to the windw bits :S

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #3 on: 01 January 2011, 18:40 »
rubber perishes over time and its the surface layer of old rubber that is running down your panels after a wash, you need to clean the rubber back until you hit fresh rubber then get some good quality trim sealant and seal it up.

megs apc or g101 neat on a bit of rag and rub each bit of rubber(quite hard) then rinse off and seal.
« Last Edit: 01 January 2011, 18:48 by Purple Haze »
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!