Author Topic: Car tv / dvd player .... need opinions etc??  (Read 2366 times)

Offline 16valve

• GTI forum regular
Car tv / dvd player .... need opinions etc??
« on: 26 November 2005, 15:26 »
Right have been thinking of getting a Moniter that comes out the dash not a screen on constant display or headrest type.

Im assuming I can play Dvd's and normal music cd's cdr's etc just like a normal H/U, and run an amp from it and multiplayer, but I was also told I might need a separate Dvd player and a screen and a bloody H/U and im not going that route  :angry:

So any views opinions or any one got one that they like or dislike with model no's and prices etc as i've seen an Alpine whilst trawling the net for £530 from a shop is this cheap or ?, but cant remember who that was with  :embarassed:

Or if its too much money I might get the JVC h/u that has a tiny screen built into the display as that looks pretty cool  :smiley: or I might buy a caravan b/w tv and screw that to the top of my dash with the weird shape aerial on my roof??  :grin:
« Last Edit: 26 November 2005, 17:18 by 16valve »

Offline j_s

• Here all the time
Re: Car tv / dvd player .... need opinions etc??
« Reply #1 on: 28 November 2005, 22:46 »
The JVC is a good unit and bloody cheap at the moment !!
You can plug in a seperate monitor as well as a rear view camera  :cool:

The screen is only 3.5" though.

The Alpine i'm sure will be a nice unit and for £530 that is not a bad price at all.
James

Offline 16valve

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2005, 17:30 »
Err -  So you can plug a screen in to it at a later date if i wanted a screen somewhere?? Not sure on the camera although could be fun hiding the camera in the car, wonder if you could set it to record and film the b'stads resting there crappy doors on my paintwork?

Looks like thats the one for me as im not too bothered its only a small screen i'm just after something different  :smiley: and it will stop me watching films at 70mph!!!

Offline j_s

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 01 December 2005, 18:51 »
Yes you can add a screen at a later date, i'm planning on one from http://www.linitx.com

The camera is for a rear view really but could be used in other interesting ways  :laugh: :grin:
James

Offline 16valve

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 02 December 2005, 17:45 »
Ive found a H/u with a motorised screen 40x4 and DVD, CDR MP3 etc .. AND a TV Tuner with aerial for

wait for it

:shocked:     Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£399          :shocked:

Okay its not a make of heard of but its so cheap with a tv tuner!!!!

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4390.html

Offline GazB

• I live here
  • Newport Edition - aaahhhhh!AC Cobra Fast as F*@k -
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2005, 21:11 »
If you can get an alpine dvd/av head unit for that price do it.  Been there and done the all singing all dancing £399 outfit, the main prob is they are impossible to see in sunlight, where the alpine/pioneer/kenwood etc have a light sensor on em and adjust to it.

If your on a budget tho, its a good starting point

Offline 16valve

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 13 December 2005, 19:03 »
Thanks Gaz, been looking on Ebay at all the cheaper 'Bargains' and have decided against them, and have been looking at Pioneer or Kenwood.. Was watching one today but it sold for a little bit more than i want to spend although it was a bargain!!!

Not sure on how it will look in the mk2 dash as its nice and high for viewing but bit worried on the security side of things as its obvious its a dvd player :undecided: even with its security panel taken off i'm sure they think wonder what else is in there like amps etc ...

Need to find someone with one they need to sell asap and do a deal  :grin:

Offline GazB

• I live here
  • Newport Edition - aaahhhhh!AC Cobra Fast as F*@k -
« Reply #7 on: 13 December 2005, 20:56 »
If your worried and can find one at the right price get a kenwood screen and seperate dvd player or changer, as then the screen folds flush with the dash and just looks like a kenwood mask :smug:

Offline 16valve

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 13 December 2005, 22:35 »
Cool hadn't thought of that  :smiley: I'll have a look Cheers Gaz

Dave