Author Topic: Which race series ?  (Read 1819 times)

Offline race_monkey

• Just got here
Which race series ?
« on: 17 May 2007, 16:28 »
Hi all,

[first post!]

I'm looking into buying a Golf GTI as a cheap(ish!! :shocked:) way of getting into racing, in particular inspired by http://www.golfgtiracing.co.uk/ but i was wondering, apart from track days, what races or race series series do you guys compete in with your Golfs ? Any info on cost etc would also be appreciated! I'm also considering splitting the cost of the car with a mate so we can afford more upgrades so anything on races where you can share driving would also be of great interest (there were a couple of things in this months Full Throttle that looked quite interesting).

Thanks for any info!

Cheers
Ali

Offline Pike

• Not said much yet
Re: Which race series ?
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2007, 08:58 »
I'm taking part in the MKII Golf series this year. In my opinion its the only series where a MKII can be competitive on a capped budget.
I'd suggest booking up as many trackdays as possible with the intention of gaining lots of track time and aim for taking an ARDS test and competing in 2008.
Drop John from gtiracing.co.uk and email and pop along to some of the races this year and have a look around the car  :smiley:

Golf GTI Championship #4
2008 VW1 3rd
2009 VW1 3rd

Offline danccooke

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2007, 00:36 »
Pike, where are you racing this year and what number are you.

Dee (better half) and I are some of your faithful tango folk.  Always nice to see people racing that I have met/chat to.  As long as you don't to visit us.  Paddock is fine.  Gravel and Tirewalls not.

Offline Pike

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2007, 10:30 »
My first race in the Golf this year is at Cadwell on the 1st of July, I'm missing the Brands round on the 27th(I'm in Ireland racing a hot rod that weekend  :cool:) then its Silverstone on the 18th of August, Snett on the 30th of Sept and finally Mallory on the 18th of October. I'm Number 5.
It'll be good to see you!

Golf GTI Championship #4
2008 VW1 3rd
2009 VW1 3rd