Author Topic: Any garages with GTI on display???  (Read 6877 times)

Offline pany

• Not said much yet
Any garages with GTI on display???
« on: 06 April 2009, 18:53 »
Hi there,

As per title really.

Can you post if any garages have a mk6 GTI on display.

Cheers Andy
« Last Edit: 06 April 2009, 21:02 by pany »

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
Re: Any garages with GTI on display???
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2009, 21:52 »
Just spoken to the Aberdeen branch today, they don't have any yet, but they have a waiting list of 6 months already so think i may have to pop down and get one ordered this weekend or its going to end up being delivered in the middle of winter!!!  :cry:

Can other dealers get them quicker?????

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2009, 21:58 »
Dundee is supposed to have one but I cant confirm.

I called the Glasgow dealers and none of them have one to view. One garage checked something called 'Volkswagen Desktop' which is something to do with their system and it shows them that all garages will have the mk6 GTI for delivery to view in mid May.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 06 April 2009, 21:59 »
Just spoken to the Aberdeen branch today, they don't have any yet, but they have a waiting list of 6 months already so think i may have to pop down and get one ordered this weekend or its going to end up being delivered in the middle of winter!!!  :cry:

Im not doubting your word, its the garages word, I find that very very hard to believe. I called 6 Glasgow garages and they have not got 1 order yet, yet Aberdeen has 6 months worth. Hmmm.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 07 April 2009, 09:02 »
I've read that first allocation for all garages will be two cars, plus I guess a demo.

Its usual VW way of making the car more exclusive and desirable I guess. Would also explain the lead times.

I'm warming to the car more, but the price is still an issue. At least we will have brokers and car supermarkets, that can give it a realistic price.

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 07 April 2009, 15:07 »
6 month waiting list!!! I agree.... I find that very hard to believe.  When I enquired about ordering one, they were clambering to get my business.  They did indeed have an initial allocation of two cars... 1 of which was destined for a member of staff, whilst the second was destined for the showroom.  Having said that he did say that they wouldn't be getting their next allocation (also limited to two cars) till May/June for possibly August/September delivery.

I doubt very much that they will be selling many in the current economic climate, however good they are.  I was rather surprised in fact.  I had initially gone into the dealer with the view to putting my name down on a waiting list, but when he said I could have one of the first allocations for June delivery I was gobsmaked!
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 07 April 2009, 15:31 »

Im not doubting your word, its the garages word, I find that very very hard to believe. I called 6 Glasgow garages and they have not got 1 order yet, yet Aberdeen has 6 months worth. Hmmm.

Aberdeen....the city the credit crunch forgot  :wink:

I can well believe it actually.  Its a dealership that serves a huge area and a wealthy one at that.
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 07 April 2009, 15:46 »

Aberdeen....the city the credit crunch forgot  :wink:

I can well believe it actually.  Its a dealership that serves a huge area and a wealthy one at that.

Its a lot of orders thats for sure if there's 6 months worth. I'm not sure where the VW dealer is your talking about, but if its anything like the area I frequently visit for work (Fountainhall Road) then I agree it's a wealthy area so you never know. I still have my doubts though.

If I lived in Aberdeen and I wanted it I'd just move away from the city and to the outskirts to get one that didnt have a waiting list. Thats just me though.

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 07 April 2009, 16:23 »
Its the only dealer within a 100mile radius.

Its a city wealthy with oil money and if they are only getting 2 cars a month I can well believe they are all gone.
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 07 April 2009, 16:49 »
My lord, 100 miles ?

*note to self* Open VW garage in Aberdeen to make crazy money