Author Topic: Underpowered and Overpriced  (Read 18425 times)

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: Underpowered and Overpriced
« Reply #20 on: 20 April 2009, 17:39 »
About bloody time, is this the same one that the dealer was messing you about this?

Offline Trickyboy

• Here all the time
  • MK5 GTi 3dr Reflex Silver
« Reply #21 on: 20 April 2009, 17:53 »
About bloody time, is this the same one that the dealer was messing you about this?

lol, yeah, he called yesterday to tell me the log book arrived, glad i waited now as its a cracker, low mileage and still nearly a year of warranty left, the right colour and the right amount of doors too!

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #22 on: 20 April 2009, 17:53 »
Well, its its got 5 doors it has too many and if it isn't black its the wrong colour . . :D

Offline Trickyboy

• Here all the time
  • MK5 GTi 3dr Reflex Silver
« Reply #23 on: 20 April 2009, 18:05 »
lol, 3 doors in reflex silver mate, at least i'm halfway there!  :laugh:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #24 on: 20 April 2009, 18:10 »
haha nice one :cool:

Offline keyser

• Not said much yet
  • They're only the band the beatles could've been.
« Reply #25 on: 20 April 2009, 19:06 »
You mk5 lads are sad, the only reason you dont like the mk6 is because you feel threatened by it, as only a few years ago your cars were the new golfs and now they're gonna plummit in price as the new model has come out. Dont you just love depritiation on newer cars  :grin: And yes i own a mk3 an iv heard all the comments before so save it.  :wink:

I personally dont like the mk6 itself but i think its a grower just like the mk5's were at 1st, as soon as the gti and r32 model comes out with all the trim and smart wheel ect i bet it will look good. but for some reason i really like the new sicirocco, they look soo mean  :evil:

As a MK5 owner I have to agree a bit with what you have said.  I think a lot of us will be a bit envious the first time a MK6 Gti pulls up beside us at the traffic lights (even though many won't  admit it).   It's always nice to have the most up to date computer/TV/mobile phone etc (call it snobbery if you want).  Still dissapointed that the ED30 engine/turbo isn't being used.  At least I know he won't leave me at the lights.  All in all though I'm kind of glad the MK6 is such a huge leap forward as the MK5 was.  Think I'll wait for the MK7.  But that could be 5 years in which time it may be a people carrier.  :shocked:
MK5 GTI, manual, silver, dirty pipes.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #26 on: 20 April 2009, 19:10 »
I think a lot of us will be a bit envious the first time a MK6 Gti pulls up beside us at the traffic lights

lol ! I actually cant wait till I see a MK6 at the lights as I will leave him for dust and he will sitting there thinking "I should have bought a MK5" :D

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #27 on: 20 April 2009, 23:13 »
I think a lot of us will be a bit envious the first time a MK6 Gti pulls up beside us at the traffic lights

lol ! I actually cant wait till I see a MK6 at the lights as I will leave him for dust and he will sitting there thinking "I should have bought a MK5" :D

You wont be leaving anything if his is chipped too.  :wink:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #28 on: 21 April 2009, 13:49 »

:grin:  :lipsrsealed:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #29 on: 21 April 2009, 18:57 »

haha true, Iv done a bit more than just the remap, so fingers crossed he would have only had the remap.

Plus his driving a MK6 so is clearly a ponce who cant drive :D