Author Topic: Golf MKVI GTI now on VW.co.uk with prices and UK spec!!!!  (Read 8960 times)

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: Golf MKVI GTI now on VW.co.uk with prices and UK spec!!!!
« Reply #20 on: 25 March 2009, 10:24 »
It is expensive. I was always planning on keeping the MK5 for sometime anyway so not to bothered.

Iv posted pics from CAR mag in this thread if anyone wants a butchers: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=110700.10

I just speced up a realistic model that I could afford. Spec is:

Stand 6-speed stick (what I have now in the MK5 and is fine)
Tornado Red Paint
Winter Pack
Luxury pack
18' Monzas

£23,315 . . . not too bad imo. It when you start going mental adding leather, DSG and, the complete day light robbery that is the audio / touch sat nav system. The aftermarket audio setup I have in my Mk5 cost about a 4th of what they want for the upgrade a sounds and million times better, that it starts to get into the silly money. Id happily pay £23k for that (if I had the money, I hate houses :( )

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 25 March 2009, 10:31 »
At least VW havn't coloured in the side skirt and lower rear bumper.
The press cars seem to have the fancy suspension but don't show it in the indicated price (for us it an extra £900).

A high profit stop-gap before the real replacement comes in.  The light and nimble Mk7.
Currently digging a bunker.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #22 on: 25 March 2009, 10:48 »
Just ticked ALL the boxes: £30,630 :shocked:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #23 on: 25 March 2009, 11:47 »
It is expensive. I was always planning on keeping the MK5 for sometime anyway so not to bothered.

Iv posted pics from CAR mag in this thread if anyone wants a butchers: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=110700.10

I just speced up a realistic model that I could afford. Spec is:

Stand 6-speed stick (what I have now in the MK5 and is fine)
Tornado Red Paint
Winter Pack
Luxury pack
18' Monzas

£23,315 . . . not too bad imo. It when you start going mental adding leather, DSG and, the complete day light robbery that is the audio / touch sat nav system. The aftermarket audio setup I have in my Mk5 cost about a 4th of what they want for the upgrade a sounds and million times better, that it starts to get into the silly money. Id happily pay £23k for that (if I had the money, I hate houses :( )

You would recommend adding a audio setup from a 3rd party after the car was bought then Alan ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #24 on: 25 March 2009, 11:49 »
For the price VW are asking yes. Thats what I have done in my MK5.

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 25 March 2009, 13:34 »
Looks like it's time to find another hot hatch..... VW have got to be joking with their prices.... and you know they'll be no discounts on the GTI in regular VW fashion.

And the lack of Xenon's is just a joke.  Would never pay £25k for a car without them.

Overall I'm feeling rather disappointed this afternoon!

Found this on the VW press release

Bi-xenon headlights with curve lighting

As an option, Volkswagen is offering the Golf GTI with completely redesigned bi-xenon headlights, including dynamic curve lighting. The headlights swivel through a steering radius of up to 13 degrees to the outside and seven degrees to the inside. The styling of the headlights closely matches the GTI's sporty character. The interior dual modules (xenon outboard, parking light / turn signals inboard) each have a chrome pod through which a very impressive visual image projects. Placed low below the bumper – and also GTI-specific in design – are the vertically aligned and always standard front fog lights.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #26 on: 25 March 2009, 13:42 »
Looks like it's time to find another hot hatch..... VW have got to be joking with their prices.... and you know they'll be no discounts on the GTI in regular VW fashion.

And the lack of Xenon's is just a joke.  Would never pay £25k for a car without them.

Overall I'm feeling rather disappointed this afternoon!

Found this on the VW press release

Bi-xenon headlights with curve lighting

As an option, Volkswagen is offering the Golf GTI with completely redesigned bi-xenon headlights, including dynamic curve lighting. The headlights swivel through a steering radius of up to 13 degrees to the outside and seven degrees to the inside. The styling of the headlights closely matches the GTI's sporty character. The interior dual modules (xenon outboard, parking light / turn signals inboard) each have a chrome pod through which a very impressive visual image projects. Placed low below the bumper – and also GTI-specific in design – are the vertically aligned and always standard front fog lights.

Sounds really good, but am I dreading to see the price of them, I'm guessing at £950.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #27 on: 25 March 2009, 13:43 »
Lets not forget that MK5 cost pretty much the same as this brand new.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 25 March 2009, 14:00 »
new mk5 gti was 21k and the ed30 23k base wasn't it?

what you doing here anyway nosh? this is a thread about a car you bet me wouldn't exist.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 25 March 2009, 14:09 »
3dr Mk5 GTI standard was £19995 I thought at first launch?
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom