Author Topic: R20T details with pics  (Read 12593 times)

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
Re: R20T details with pics
« Reply #20 on: 11 February 2009, 09:59 »
Its got a quiff diff or something? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: VW have got to sort out the name R20T doesn't do it for me. Just call it a GTI-R or something manly like road ripper or exotic and name it after an old racing driver/designer/road in Italy, or the autobahn eater, something like that.

I agree - seems from a marketing or stance point of view to call it a less number than the R32....even though it evidently refers to the engine size.
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline Max Q

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 12 February 2009, 00:30 »
They need to poach the chap who developed the Focus MkII's suspension, it's better than VW's.

300 bhp should be OK with a form of LSD, knadgery steering and that wonderful suspension.

Diff or no diff that car has too much power for 2 front wheels. power is nothing without control.... expect the esp to be working fulltime + some

That article (if any of it can be believed) implied it would likely be four wheel drive ala MkV R32..
Mk7.5 R DSG Indium Grey 5Dr

Offline chrissyr32

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 12 February 2009, 20:55 »
IF... theres any substance in this story and IF.. its produced i,m defo gonna get one!!!  :wink:

It,l be bye bye RS4   HELLLOOOOO!! R20T fully loaded...

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 13 February 2009, 15:10 »
What about Hondas next Civic Type R.  Electric motors in each wheel. 0 - 60 @ 4.5 seconds.
Allegedly.
Currently digging a bunker.

Offline SilverChariot

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 14 February 2009, 08:45 »
What about Hondas next Civic Type R.  Electric motors in each wheel. 0 - 60 @ 4.5 seconds.
Allegedly.

Might be missing the V6 growl with those electric motors. Think high performance milk float...  :grin:
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!
Golf R - 5 door - DSG - Rising Blue Metallic paint - 19" Gloss Black Talladegas - Leather - RNS 510 - Parking sensors - Cruise control

R Forum - The place to talk Rs: http://www.rforum.co.uk

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 14 February 2009, 11:38 »
Yep, like seen here...

R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

TeddyKGB

« Reply #26 on: 15 February 2009, 12:54 »
R20T? Sounds like a fakkin Renault :laugh:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #27 on: 15 February 2009, 19:21 »
looks nice, love the front and the rear bumper but the shape of the back lights just doesnt do it for me  :undecided:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #28 on: 19 February 2009, 23:23 »
They need to poach the chap who developed the Focus MkII's suspension, it's better than VW's.

& even that's not all that, IMO.  VW need to poach the guys who set the Meg. R26/R26-R's chassis up!! :D
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline Max Q

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 02 March 2009, 15:28 »
This has all gone very quiet.

With the Geneva Motor Show opening in 3 days I would have expected a bit more in the way of confirmed news. So will VW launch the R20T at Geneva or are autoexpress talking out of their arse again. Most of the other manufacturers have confirmed to the press about their new launches at Geneva but VW have been very quiet. Even Audi have announced that the TTRS will be unveiled.

Hopefully VW will pull a rabbit out of a hat.
Mk7.5 R DSG Indium Grey 5Dr