Author Topic: R20T details with pics  (Read 12527 times)

Offline bobotheclown

• I live here
Re: R20T details with pics
« Reply #10 on: 10 February 2009, 15:16 »
if it is true, will it not be competing with the Audi S3 for market share?

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #11 on: 10 February 2009, 18:09 »
if it is true, will it not be competing with the Audi S3 for market share?

Yeah but surely it did anyway with the Mk4 and Mk5 R32's... Old and new S3's were out over the same periods.
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 10 February 2009, 18:11 »
Funny VW leak that rumour just as Ford are bringing out the RS.

Currently digging a bunker.

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 10 February 2009, 18:17 »
Funny VW leak that rumour just as Ford are bringing out the RS.

Yeah but Ford promise loads and deliver nothing. What happened to the Focus RS Cosworth?? Never happened and the last RS was released 4 years after the Focus was launched. If they finally deliver this one it will be on the second generation of the current model. VW will have given us 3 .:R models in the Golf by then over three Mk's.

It's all clever advertising but I think you either like one or the other. Ford or VW... I know which queue I am in!  :wink:
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 10 February 2009, 18:38 »
The RS is a real car, they are taking orders.

In general Fords actually are a better drive than VWs, with just a slightly worse image.
The exception is the standard Golf GTI whose image is much higher than any Ford or any other VW for that matter.

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 10 February 2009, 18:40 »
The RS is a real car, they are taking orders.

In general Fords actually are a better drive than VWs, with just a slightly worse image.
The exception is the standard Golf GTI whose image is much higher than any Ford or any other VW for that matter.

Thats why VW pouched the Ford man who developed the Focus suspension set up!
The Focus RS will be a right handful... 300bhp through the front wheels! Scary!
Scott

Offline Egbutt Wash

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 10 February 2009, 19:00 »
They need to poach the chap who developed the Focus MkII's suspension, it's better than VW's.

300 bhp should be OK with a form of LSD, knadgery steering and that wonderful suspension.

Offline ginner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 10 February 2009, 21:56 »
Its got a quiff diff or something? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: VW have got to sort out the name R20T doesn't do it for me. Just call it a GTI-R or something manly like road ripper or exotic and name it after an old racing driver/designer/road in Italy, or the autobahn eater, something like that.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 11 February 2009, 08:50 »
They need to poach the chap who developed the Focus MkII's suspension, it's better than VW's.

300 bhp should be OK with a form of LSD, knadgery steering and that wonderful suspension.

Diff or no diff that car has too much power for 2 front wheels. power is nothing without control.... expect the esp to be working fulltime + some

Offline squirrelGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 11 February 2009, 09:01 »
Makes interesting reading!

Gonna start saving hard for next year then!
Gone GTi | 3dr | Manual | Carbon Grey | Xenons | Monza 18's | RCD 510 |Rear Camera | Winter Pack.