Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1155071 times)

Offline Rich 3

• Not said much yet
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #3020 on: 27 January 2019, 00:22 »
Ditto re your car choices too Runningman.

Agree with all your comments regarding the differences between the two cars.

Whilst you don't buy a GTI for economy, I will never-the-less be keeping a watchful eye on my fuel consumption - if only to manage my expectations going forward, having been used to diesel power for some years.

I am loving my Golf experience so far, albeit jaded somewhat by a lacklustre purchase experience caused by the supplying dealer (not the cars fault). A fact that will be of some concern to me when the services become due (or, when I need any warranty work attending to). I wonder if there are any good helpful trustworthy VW dealers out there? - as from reviews they seem few and far between.

Best of luck with your new purchase and the BMW.   
2018 GTI PP dsg 5 dr DB Pearl Brecias Jacara Sunroof Privacy Glass

Offline Crunch

• Just got here
« Reply #3021 on: 09 February 2019, 16:05 »
Put my deposit down today on a new Golf Gti performance, indium grey with rear tints as the only extra. I need the car for start of April and this one has been built and is in port so picking it up end of March. All has worked out well so far as I was worrying about stock levels they had. I couldn't really wait for one to come from the factory with April 5th deadline to work with handing back my company car.

First brand new car I have ever bought so I think the excitement will build over the next few weeks!

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #3022 on: 10 February 2019, 11:22 »
A wise choice of colour - love mine, especially the red trim contrasts with the grey. I also ordered rear tints - they are really dark, which is what I wanted.
It’s a fantastic car, you will love it
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Gingernick

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3023 on: 11 February 2019, 10:30 »
having had mine for a couple of weeks, the one thing that really a noticeable difference from the last one is the exhaust

its sounds way different from my mk7 pp..in a good way
3dr Gti, manual, tornado red, performance pack, dynaudio. gone now

5dr GTi, manual, red, Performance pack, dynaudio
going

5dr Gti, Manual, performance pack , indium grey (for a change!)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #3024 on: 11 February 2019, 14:44 »
having had mine for a couple of weeks, the one thing that really a noticeable difference from the last one is the exhaust

its sounds way different from my mk7 pp..in a good way

Yes, the Performance model sounds deeper and louder than the normal 7.5 GTI. Even more so after a res delete...  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Bullfinch

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3025 on: 03 March 2019, 20:45 »
Second the enhanced exhaust sound. Mk7 GTi PP exchanged for a Mk7.5 GTi PP and on the drive home really noticed the difference.  Once it's run in I'll see what it's like with a heavier right pedal  :laugh:  So far so good!
Daily: Mk7.5 GTi PP DSG, Weekend: 911 997 Gen 2 Carrera 4S

Offline star93

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3026 on: 21 April 2019, 15:15 »
I'm rejoining the GTI crew!
After a little hiatus to the M140, picking up my 5 door mk 7 DSG on Friday and can't wait

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #3027 on: 21 April 2019, 16:09 »
After a little hiatus to the M140, picking up my 5 door mk 7 DSG on Friday and can't wait

What did you think of the 140?
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #3028 on: 22 April 2019, 08:43 »

Also interested to know this. Have an m135i at the moment and am trying to decide between a TCR and an m140i.

What made you return to a GTi and do you think you will miss the engine or anything?

Would make life easier if there was a TCR local available to test drive... or maybe it wouldn’t  :grin:

I have been stuck trying to pick for some weeks now and the BMW deals are hard to look past but TCR is looking like the best alternative.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #3029 on: 22 April 2019, 19:19 »

Also interested to know this. Have an m135i at the moment and am trying to decide between a TCR and an m140i.

What made you return to a GTi and do you think you will miss the engine or anything?

Would make life easier if there was a TCR local available to test drive... or maybe it wouldn’t  :grin:

I have been stuck trying to pick for some weeks now and the BMW deals are hard to look past but TCR is looking like the best alternative.

I hear the 140 currently has almost £8k deposit contribution at the mo.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.