Author Topic: White paint now a cost option.  (Read 18555 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
White paint now a cost option.
« on: 15 October 2012, 08:17 »
From November 1, Candy white and Pure white paint will only be available as an option on most Volkswagon models, costing £200 inc VAT.

The price increase is said to be due to the increased cost of white paint, and the significantly larger number of cars being sold in these colours.

Scirocco .:R and Touareg Altitude have no alternative non-metallic paint colours, so all Scirocco .:R and Touareg Altitude derivatives will increase in price by £60 to offset the cost of white paint.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
Re: White paint now a cost option.
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2012, 08:24 »
Next they'll have a pricelist for each chuffing colour! Although I love the CW I think I'll go for red next unless they do he tungsten grey that's on the wife's cab, cos that looks lovely and seems to look as if it stays cleaner longer.

Offline ScottA

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2012, 14:04 »
Hardly a surprise with the amount of white cars that are sold. They want to cash in on them like other manufacturers have.

"Scirocco .:R and Touareg Altitude have no alternative non-metallic paint colours, so all Scirocco .:R and Touareg Altitude derivatives will increase in price by £60 to offset the cost of white paint." I wonder whether the cost of other colours will be decreased by £60 to take into account the extra £60 that is built into the cost of the car for white paint?  :rolleyes:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2012, 15:03 »
Oh my lord - SUPER cheeky or what - the more they sell the cheaper it is normally?

Offline Gene Hunt.

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 15 October 2012, 21:13 »
Oh my lord - SUPER cheeky or what - the more they sell the cheaper it is normally?
...........very.  :angry:
Candy White ED35.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 16 October 2012, 08:43 »
From November 1, Candy white and Pure white paint will only be available as an option on most Volkswagon models, costing £200 inc VAT.

The price increase is said to be due to the increased cost of white paint, and the significantly larger number of cars being sold in these colours.

Scirocco .:R and Touareg Altitude have no alternative non-metallic paint colours, so all Scirocco .:R and Touareg Altitude derivatives will increase in price by £60 to offset the cost of white paint.

This is obviously the reason why, VW will just continue to load up GTI's in other countries and screw the uk market.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #6 on: 16 October 2012, 15:42 »
Pffffffft, deal with it. There are far too many white cars out there now, I really dislike it. They should charge people for it to stop what was once a 'rare' colour becoming the most popular!  :whistle:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 16 October 2012, 21:18 »
I remember a car company that used to devalue red and white used cars by £500.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 20 October 2012, 11:04 »
Pffffffft, deal with it. There are far too many white cars out there now, I really dislike it. They should charge people for it to stop what was once a 'rare' colour becoming the most popular!  :whistle:

They are trying to make white rare or premium again with "Oryx White" its only £930 on the Mk7

Note, if anyone has a real world picture, please post it!
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #9 on: 22 October 2012, 12:19 »
White was always a reps cars colour it was cheap and you could not sell them years ago.
Still reminds me of reps Cortinas, sierras, Cavaliers, BMWs and alike.
White was always cheap to make as it was easier to paint at the factory unlike black.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.