Author Topic: Paris Motor Show link to pics  (Read 7475 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: Paris Motor Show link to pics
« Reply #11 on: 01 October 2012, 23:23 »
Sounds like they're listening to what customers want

Performance package available with more power and bigger brakes.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline ScottA

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 02 October 2012, 00:26 »
Sounds like they're listening to what customers want

Performance package available with more power and bigger brakes.

10bhp though..!!

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #13 on: 02 October 2012, 09:23 »
I think the 10bhp is disappointing but with it you get improved brakes and a limited slip-dif to the front.

The reports were saying that this gives a 12-13s advantage around the Nurburgring compared to the stock version

rumoured to be £900 all in which could work out good value - probably more insurance friendly too with it being a factory option.

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 02 October 2012, 10:02 »
I'm sat in my VW dealer now and the sales guy seems sure that there will be an R albeit rumoured not for the UK market. He also reckons that the GTi will be released from the start? They're in Spain next month at the dealer launch so let's wait and see?

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 02 October 2012, 10:16 »
I think the 10bhp is disappointing but with it you get improved brakes and a limited slip-dif to the front.

The reports were saying that this gives a 12-13s advantage around the Nurburgring compared to the stock version

rumoured to be £900 all in which could work out good value - probably more insurance friendly too with it being a factory option.

Agreed, the power figures only tell half the story as a well sorted chassis can make a car feel very different and make more of the available power useable, sounds a similar principle to Renaults 'Cup' variants.

Sounds promising to me  :cool:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 02 October 2012, 15:49 »
Yep sounds very promising, and I think the majority of GTI customers will tick that performance box, I don't believe tho that the GTI will be offered from the start..but as said were have to wait and see.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather