Author Topic: Mk7 GTi  (Read 47170 times)

Offline Belix

• GTI forum regular
Re: Mk7 GTi
« Reply #10 on: 21 August 2012, 19:26 »
Like it, just out of interest how long was the mk6 gti out before the R was released?
IIRC our market, R was a year and a half after the GTi. Gti was out about 6 months after local release of mk6. Not sure how that ties up with international release. I wonder why they have the delay anyway, locally 50% of mk6 sales are GTis, so the delay in introduction means some likely lost sales to other makes during the delay period.

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 21 August 2012, 20:14 »
Can't make out why this is rumoured to be launched at Frankfurt September 2013. Meaning we would get order books open in UK end of 2013 and first deliveries around March 2014, something like a whole year later, than the bog standard Mk7's?

Audi S3 looks to be launched 3 door at Paris next month (or at least ETKA) states from 10/12, with 280hp and 300hp.

So if its not conflicting the S3, and we have seen lots of testing of the GTi already, surely it would be launched around March 2013 maybe at Geneva show?

We have already seen the R testing, unless its the GTi with performance pack with the additional exhausts (230hp) so I would have thought the GTi would be sooner.

Hope so, as was hoping to change our mk6 early - mid next year, at least in 2 weeks we will get a look at what the mk7 looks like to make our minds up.

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 21 August 2012, 20:31 »
All I do is stick stuff on here and translate what it says for those who don't speak German. I would think maybe a German publication might have a bit more of a clue of what is going on. But what do I know?

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 22 August 2012, 07:04 »
Like it, just out of interest how long was the mk6 gti out before the R was released?
IIRC our market, R was a year and a half after the GTi. Gti was out about 6 months after local release of mk6. Not sure how that ties up with international release. I wonder why they have the delay anyway, locally 50% of mk6 sales are GTis, so the delay in introduction means some likely lost sales to other makes during the delay period.

Nice one thanks, that'll time nicely with my next purchase.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 22 August 2012, 09:16 »
Mrs W was going to get one of these but if it's an evolution of the 2.0tsi with the IHI turbo I don't think we'll bother and wait for the one with turbo more akin to S3, hopefully they will do the decent thing and kill off monzas

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 22 August 2012, 10:13 »
I love my Monzas. But having just scuffed one after owning the car for 37 months I've just found out how much they are to refurb and it's a lot more than £49 that you can get normal alloys done for. So I think I may have to agree it's time to go back to "normal" alloys.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 22 August 2012, 10:44 »
thats the worst rear I have ever seen on any golf  :undecided:

Offline Nino

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 22 August 2012, 10:51 »
I dont like it, looks more like a family car  :shocked:
VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door
MK6 2.0 TDI - Graphite Blue - 5 door
MK7 GTD - Solid Black - 5 door
MK6 GTi Edition 35 - Candy White - 3 door

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 22 August 2012, 11:55 »
I love my Monzas. But having just scuffed one after owning the car for 37 months I've just found out how much they are to refurb and it's a lot more than £49 that you can get normal alloys done for. So I think I may have to agree it's time to go back to "normal" alloys.

Plus once you've curbed one even if you pay for the refurb the white worm will still come a-nocking so it's probably better just to save and pay for a new tbh...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 22 August 2012, 13:37 »
Plus once you've curbed one even if you pay for the refurb the white worm will still come a-nocking so it's probably better just to save and pay for a new tbh...

If only that was the cause of white worm everything would be rosy.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14