Author Topic: My Mk1  (Read 20870 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: My Mk1
« Reply #20 on: 30 October 2010, 23:41 »
not sure what happened to it but the owner who posted here wasnt around for long, may have just forgot about the site or worse case crashed it and didnt want to share......

Offline BiGUKG

• Here all the time
  • Simples!
« Reply #21 on: 30 October 2010, 23:48 »
shame mate!
doesn't say much about passion for VW's if he forgot about it but lets just hope he hasn't done worse, crashed it and cant share

http://www.vw-southeast.co.uk
"The community for enthusiasts and owners in the South East"

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #22 on: 30 October 2010, 23:59 »
shame mate!
doesn't say much about passion for VW's if he forgot about it but lets just hope he hasn't done worse, crashed it and cant share
  meh, it happens now and again.  some people are on multiple forums and have a long history with them, they find another forum, join, post there car and don't keep up.  this guy could quite easily still be rocking in his mk1 but just not on this site....  There was a guy building a VR6 turbo AWD caddy, he posted on every VAG site you could think of including this one. I don't know how he did it to be honest but his updates have stopped on here and some other sites too... personally I haven't got the time for more than one forum and this one is spot on!  :cool:

Offline BiGUKG

• Here all the time
  • Simples!
« Reply #23 on: 31 October 2010, 00:05 »
Only ever been on other other VAG site and that's the MK2 Owners Club one, that's too difficult to use though and whether it's my laptop or the website doesn't work half the time! Seems to be offline more often than not. There's a whole bunch of good people on here though and it's so easy to keep track of your posts which is important :)
CBA with the likes of Club GTi which I've heard loads of bad things about - so yeah, this one does the job just fine and it's better to keep one bunch updated than introduce yourself on all the forums you can get on for the sake of an ego boost when people say "Looks good".
That's for homos  :tongue:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #24 on: 31 October 2010, 00:13 »
Only ever been on other other VAG site and that's the MK2 Owners Club one, that's too difficult to use though and whether it's my laptop or the website doesn't work half the time! Seems to be offline more often than not. There's a whole bunch of good people on here though and it's so easy to keep track of your posts which is important :)
CBA with the likes of Club GTi which I've heard loads of bad things about - so yeah, this one does the job just fine and it's better to keep one bunch updated than introduce yourself on all the forums you can get on for the sake of an ego boost when people say "Looks good".
That's for homos  :tongue:
Ha... I'm the same as you then, i am on the MK1 owners club site but its not quite as straight forward as this place and getting a response out of someone on there is quite hard...

Offline BiGUKG

• Here all the time
  • Simples!
« Reply #25 on: 31 October 2010, 00:26 »
This forum always impresses me with responses and how helpful and laid back everyone is. My brother has an orange MK4 Golf (factory orange not chav with too much money orange!) and I keep trying to get him on here, but th last forum he used was the MK2 forum when he had the car I had now and I think it's put him off!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #26 on: 31 October 2010, 00:30 »
This forum always impresses me with responses and how helpful and laid back everyone is. My brother has an orange MK4 Golf (factory orange not chav with too much money orange!) and I keep trying to get him on here, but th last forum he used was the MK2 forum when he had the car I had now and I think it's put him off!
Well you need to keep reminding him that this place is spot on.........  or he can wait till he needs help!  this was the first place i joined and have never looked back....  i did go off the radar for a few years after the crash though!  :embarassed:

Offline BiGUKG

• Here all the time
  • Simples!
« Reply #27 on: 31 October 2010, 00:34 »
He hit a megane up the ar*e in the MK4 today and needs a new front grille and new headlight, told him to get himself on here, and he used my account to ask about a grille thats for sale..... so I'm half way there I think!

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #28 on: 31 October 2010, 12:40 »
:lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :sad:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #29 on: 31 October 2010, 13:14 »
:lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :sad:

Yeah Chris you must be a minted Chav!  :laugh: