Author Topic: My new GTI PP nearly stolen. Anybody recommend best security  (Read 12022 times)

Offline Bigbeemer

• Not said much yet
My new GTI PP was nearly stolen by breaking into my home for the keyless entry keys. Lucky it's still here but looking at deterrent to stop it going off my drive. Looking at fitting a foldable or telescopic security post or anybody get any other suggestions please?

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
Re: My new GTI PP nearly stolen. Anybody recommend best security
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2017, 17:00 »

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2017, 17:06 »
Anti snap locks. Home Alarm. Both I invested in after my GTI was stolen. Then Revo stage 1. That has the anti theft mode. Its the only thing waiting for my PP to properly ease my mind. They can get the keys but without the box the car won't move.

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 18 November 2017, 17:20 »
I haven’t even got mine yet, I’ve now added anti snap, anti bump etc barrels, anti snap handles.
Also added Arlo CCTV. Taken it as a real opportunity to look at home security before the event rather than after.

Thankfully I’m not keyless entry, else that would be something else to worry about, with the boosters etc.
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline Little Lofty

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 18 November 2017, 17:55 »
A good house alarm is important, I'm not a fan of Upvc doors due to the vulnerable panels, a good quality composite is better with high security handles and cylinder. Bollards will slow them down but if they get in the house for the car keys they will also get the keys to the bollards. You could secure the car with an Autowatch Ghost.
Alfa Four Cheese

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #5 on: 18 November 2017, 17:56 »
I'll be getting Autowatch Ghost fitted when my R arrives. Even if they get the keys they need a code to start the car
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 18 November 2017, 18:06 »
i was thinking of getting one of these.
http://www.securitybollardsdirect.co.uk/security-bollards.html
I got one of those maxie, the telescopic one, as one of my added deterrents after Gti stolen. Fitter did a really professional job and bollard is easy to use, only left it up once by accident!

Offline robtt

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf Gti pp dsg
« Reply #7 on: 18 November 2017, 18:55 »
Moving soon and old couple selling had an alarm system fitted with a national firm recently.  They must have upsold them every system extra as the house is like Fort Knox . Window opens alarm  makes a noise,back door opens,  different alarm note, pads under carpets  and so on ! I was going to disable it as thought would send me nuts .But having read the above thread will leave as is ps it cost a fortune !!

Offline Little Lofty

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 18 November 2017, 19:16 »
Moving soon and old couple selling had an alarm system fitted with a national firm recently.  They must have upsold them every system extra as the house is like Fort Knox . Window opens alarm  makes a noise,back door opens,  different alarm note, pads under carpets  and so on ! I was going to disable it as thought would send me nuts .But having read the above thread will leave as is ps it cost a fortune !!

I would definitely keep it.
My house was built 13 years ago on a smallish estate of about 50 houses. All the houses have a good alarm, steel faced front doors with good locks and decent quality windows. There was one break in on the estate after a year or so of moving in and none since. I think word must of got around that there are easier houses to target
Alfa Four Cheese

Offline Sean G

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 18 November 2017, 20:05 »
Sash jammers on your windows Laminated glass, anti drill bump and snap cylinders, extra security for Patio doors especially if they slide on the outside. Composite front door with dog bolts
Monitored alarm system with Master Blaster Sirens  Cctv and security lights Retractable security bollard 
And if you electric box is outside put a contact sensor on or better still fit a steel cover with security keys
Have been broken into before and two cars stolen whilst on holiday - not a nice feeling