Author Topic: Clubsport at the track  (Read 5524 times)

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
Re: Clubsport at the track
« Reply #20 on: 22 September 2017, 19:43 »
Good video Scanesare, I really like the dual aspect.

No comments on the driving as it's been many years since my last car track day but my Clubsport will get and outing in the spring. Was it a case the tyres simply went off Later in the session as the understeer seems more pronounced towards during the later laps, or you were pushing harder after the MK1 golf hold up.

You mentioned the CSS ARB and swivels as upgrades - just a general question, theoretically what are people's view on the VW warranty position if you upgraded the CS with CSS parts as the models are so close.

PS - what the hell are swivels?? Ball joints?

Thanks Paul, in past track days that I had recorded I always felt the usual view showing the front of the car made the driving look too slow, or at least much slower than it was in the reality. The in-car cam does a better job at showing the actual speed and combined with the front view I think it makes for a nice combo. Total PITA though to post-process, combine, edit, and sync everything with the telemetry...

I pushed more towards the end yes but not in the best way, still scrubbing speed and beating the tires a lot. With the JB1 in that track, as soon as you ve gained some momentum (a lot of it) you have to brake hard and I was hesitating to do it at 100% to preserve the pads.

Swivels or hub carriers I think, English is not even my mother tongue, it's the part that is mounted to the wheel on one side and has the shock absorber mounted on top of it, this picture will surely give you the idea:

Not sure what happens warranty wise if you fit CSS parts on a CS, in reality I doubt you'll ever have to worry about warranty work in that area.
« Last Edit: 22 September 2017, 19:46 by scanesare »