Author Topic: Handing a lease car back to VW finance  (Read 5470 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Handing a lease car back to VW finance
« Reply #20 on: 22 September 2017, 17:20 »
If its leased or PCP they will... but i'd have thought its not if its 2011...

If they are buying it previously unseen, then yes they will knock down the price

It is a PCP car it was bought second hand convinced by the garage PCP was the way to go at the time and being none the wiser went with it but that is a post for another day !!

I called the BVLRA and they said almost 7 years old is quite out of the ordinary  :laugh: fair wear and tear is fair wear and tear he said to see if the car had a report done on it before i got it

They should have a clear written definition of expected condition though. Ask to see it.

I wouldn't expect collision damage to be exempt though.

Its different if you are buying a secondhand car at 7 years, sure a few dinks are to be expected, but on PCP...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Diehammer

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 22 September 2017, 21:09 »
How did you go about handing it back to the dealership? I would prefer to do this as my local VW dealer is right across from the BMW dealer.

I think your best bet is asking your new dealer if BCA can collect it from them. BCA can collect from anywhere. I have timeline my most recent VT last month below...

Aug 24th - Confirmed car collection date of Sept 1st. Agreed with dealer to leave my current car with them.

Aug 25th - Rang VWFS to VT, was asked to provide current mileage and some basic questions about service history and do I still have V5.

Aug 27th - Letter confirming VT with shortfall to pay invoice.

Aug 28th - Phone call from BCA wanting to know where to inspect the car and where to collect. Collection would be day after inspection. As it was going to be at a dealership they asked for the sales persons name and telephone number.

Sept 1st - Collected new car and left old one at dealership in their compound. Dealer did a basic check and I took photos, inc odometer.

Sept 3rd - Text from BCA to say inspection was 11th and collection 12th from Dealership address.

Sept 15th - Letter from VWFS with excess mileage and cleaning charge, with 30 days to pay.

Sept 16th - Paid in full.

I would say that I did get no communication from BCA once the car was collected. I have also had no word from VWFS to say I have settled the account. This was the case on the car I also VT'd in May. Also worth noting nothing other than "account settled in full" shows on credit file.

Hope it helps.

Thanks m8 I will call them on monday
Golf GTD MK7 5 door Manual, Carbon Grey, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera.

Ordered 26/02/15  Build Week Confirmed 24/04/15 (BW21) Stage 5a 19/05/15 Stage 5b 21/05/15 Stage 5c 29/05/15 Stage 6 02/06/15 Stage 7 04/06/15 Pick Up 06/06/15

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 23 September 2017, 08:00 »
How did you go about handing it back to the dealership? I would prefer to do this as my local VW dealer is right across from the BMW dealer.

I think your best bet is asking your new dealer if BCA can collect it from them. BCA can collect from anywhere. I have timeline my most recent VT last month below...

Aug 24th - Confirmed car collection date of Sept 1st. Agreed with dealer to leave my current car with them.

Aug 25th - Rang VWFS to VT, was asked to provide current mileage and some basic questions about service history and do I still have V5.

Aug 28th - Phone call from BCA wanting to know where to inspect the car and where to collect. Collection would be day after inspection. As it was going to be at a dealership they asked for the sales persons name and telephone number.

Sept 1st - Collected new car and left old one at dealership in their compound. Dealer did a basic check and I took photos, inc odometer.

Sept 3rd - Text from BCA to say inspection was 11th and collection 12th from Dealership address.

Sept 15th - Letter from VWFS with excess mileage and cleaning charge, with 30 days to pay.

I would say that I did get no communication from BCA once the car was collected. I have also had no word from VWFS to say I have settled the account. This was the case on the car I also VT'd in May. Also worth noting nothing other than "account settled in full" shows on credit file.

Hope it helps.

Would appear that you are another Stirlingshire person .......i live in Stirling where are you ?

Offline Diehammer

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 24 September 2017, 00:33 »

Hope it helps.

Would appear that you are another Stirlingshire person .......i live in Stirling where are you ?
Larbert
Golf GTD MK7 5 door Manual, Carbon Grey, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera.

Ordered 26/02/15  Build Week Confirmed 24/04/15 (BW21) Stage 5a 19/05/15 Stage 5b 21/05/15 Stage 5c 29/05/15 Stage 6 02/06/15 Stage 7 04/06/15 Pick Up 06/06/15