Author Topic: Dog Guard  (Read 2118 times)

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
Dog Guard
« on: 20 September 2017, 19:09 »
Incredibly sadly my 10yo boxer passed away at the end of July. He was incredibly well behaved in the car so didn't need a guard. We're going to be getting a puppy soon and thought it might be best to get one, at least until he's a little more trained.

I've seen the Travall ones are popular but just wondering whether you can still attach the parcel shelf with that guard in place? If not, are there any others that folk can suggest.

Offline fletchcx

• Just got here
Re: Dog Guard
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2017, 12:44 »
Hello mate, sorry to hear about your boxer :(

I had one in my GTI and I don't think you can fit the parcel shelf at the same time the guard is fitted. In fact I just had a look at the Travall site for the MK7 Golf and they specifically say that it cannot be done so that answers that.

The guards are good though. No rattles and a really oem look so I do recommend them. It just so happens that I have one for sale too! I only want £30 for it so if you do decide to go ahead, don't pay full whack for one. I have a Hatchbag boot liner in black too that also perfectly fits a MK7 Golf (£25!).

I still don't have enough posts to accept a PM (long time lurker!) but reply here and I'll pick up or check out gumtree, the liner and guard are on there.

Cheers
--
MK7 GTI, DSG, PP, DCC. 18's white.

Offline robtt

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf Gti pp dsg
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2017, 14:04 »
I have a Travall one in my Golf. No way you can fit the rear parcel shelf with them. But fantastic bit of kit totally secure, well made and no rattles .

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2017, 14:31 »
I have a Travall one in my Golf. No way you can fit the rear parcel shelf with them. But fantastic bit of kit totally secure, well made and no rattles .

Thanks for the info. Just gone ahead and purchased from @fletchcx

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #4 on: 21 September 2017, 15:40 »
Didn't have one with the golf but did with the astra estae we had, Very good bit of kit, especially for the money.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
« Reply #5 on: 21 September 2017, 15:42 »
Didn't have one with the golf but did with the astra estae we had, Very good bit of kit, especially for the money.

TBH, I'll probably remove it when I can trust the little fella! Our last dog was so chilled I didn't have to worry. However, I might not be as fortunate with the new arrival and I don't really want him jumping all around the R!!

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #6 on: 22 September 2017, 09:43 »

TBH, I'll probably remove it when I can trust the little fella! Our last dog was so chilled I didn't have to worry. However, I might not be as fortunate with the new arrival and I don't really want him jumping all around the R!!

Definitely worth it - we didn't have a dog guard and only had the golf when we were in Cyprus. Had to pop the pooches to the vets and the bigger of the 2 saw a cat and jumped from the boot all the way through to the front passenger seat, scratching the rear and front (leather) seats in the process. Most of them have come out with lots of leathercare (or at least they look less noticable) but I know they're there!

Never went anywhere in the car again with them again!!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline robtt

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf Gti pp dsg
« Reply #7 on: 22 September 2017, 10:02 »
What sort of puppy have you got ? Worst dog in a car for us was a springer spaniel. She answered beautifully to two names.One  was Sophie the other Blood Dog !

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
« Reply #8 on: 22 September 2017, 20:20 »
What sort of puppy have you got ? Worst dog in a car for us was a springer spaniel. She answered beautifully to two names.One  was Sophie the other Blood Dog !

I haven't yet but hopefully in around a month. It'll be another boxer :-)