Author Topic: Remus Responder (pedal box) Forum Discount  (Read 9261 times)

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
Remus Responder (pedal box) Forum Discount
« on: 20 September 2017, 08:59 »
The REMUS Responder improves throttle response by means of modifying the accelerator pedal output signal.
No more throttle delay and reduced lag during automatic shifting makes driving with the REMUS Responder more fun.

After reading up on the Remus Responder I found one UK company with stock, after a few email exchanges they happily offered 10% for forum members. Many thanks to JV for allowing me to post up this offer.

RRP = £169.95, less 10% + £5.95 P&P = £158.91 delivered!

Coupon Code = GTI10

Available from Motech Performance, link below. Just about to order one for myself.  :smiley:
http://motechperformance.bigcartel.com/product/remus-responder-vw

Discount appears to work site wide and is available on all products including the Remus Powerizer tuning box.

Matt
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
Re: Remus Responder (pedal box) Forum Discount
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2017, 09:08 »
How does this compare to the DTUK pedal box?
That seems to be the "Gold standard"?

I'd be interested in the feedback of others, but also if they do the same thing, then cheapest price wins :)
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2017, 09:17 »
How does this compare to the DTUK pedal box?
That seems to be the "Gold standard"?

I'd be interested in the feedback of others, but also if they do the same thing, then cheapest price wins :)

They are the same thing, even the DTUK tuning boxes are not theirs, they’re just DTE systems tuning box.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 20 September 2017, 10:26 »
Nice find, Just ordered mine, just to let you know they have sold out but they are on back order from Remus and should be in next week.

Offline random_nickname

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2017, 10:35 »
I much prefer the look of the DTE Pedalbox + myself as the finish and quality are a lot better. If you have it hidden I don't suppose it makes much difference but mine is on show so decided for the + instead.

| GOLF MK7 GTI | PP | DSG | KEYLESS | DYNAUDIO | SUNROOF | 3DR | WHITE |

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 20 September 2017, 11:10 »
£560 quid for a tuning box!!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline 2007GTI

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 20 September 2017, 11:26 »
It says coming soon on that link, are they even in stock?

The REMUS Responder improves throttle response by means of modifying the accelerator pedal output signal.
No more throttle delay and reduced lag during automatic shifting makes driving with the REMUS Responder more fun.

After reading up on the Remus Responder I found one UK company with stock, after a few email exchanges they happily offered 10% for forum members. Many thanks to JV for allowing me to post up this offer.

RRP = £169.95, less 10% + £5.95 P&P = £158.91 delivered!

Coupon Code = GTI10

Available from Motech Performance, link below. Just about to order one for myself.  :smiley:
http://motechperformance.bigcartel.com/product/remus-responder-vw

Discount appears to work site wide and is available on all products including the Remus Powerizer tuning box.

Matt
2014 Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr in Carbon Grey, 18s, leather

Gone but not forgotten '07 Mk5 GTI DSG (2006 to 2014)

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 20 September 2017, 11:54 »
It says coming soon on that link, are they even in stock?

See Finglonga post above.  :wink:

Now sold out, but more stock due in next week.

Update: Mike Hodder from MotechPerformance has just emailed me to say thanks for the business. He's also confirmed he's now out of stock, but has more due in from REMUS next week.
« Last Edit: 20 September 2017, 12:21 by 7MAT »
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 20 September 2017, 12:50 »
The Remus box is the same as the old style DTUK box that they used to sell (maybe they still do?).  Does it have the nasty old style clip, or have they updated it to the proper VW one as per the DTUK version?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 20 September 2017, 13:27 »
The Remus box is the same as the old style DTUK box that they used to sell (maybe they still do?).  Does it have the nasty old style clip, or have they updated it to the proper VW one as per the DTUK version?

That's a very good point.  Is it the old dodgy grey clip or new oem style red clip.  I have the old clip version.

This is a good discount for this unit but have say if I was buying a pedal box now I'd be going for the DTUK Pedal Box Plus.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11